DJI Direct Support Nightmare

Reaction score
I was one of the many that ordered from DJI directly. I was one of the few that got a defective unit from them (bad gimbal shake). 2 days so far of Calling the us headquarter (said that they would need to fix it, 4 week turn around or recommended exchange through [email protected]) Heres what DJI China had to say:

Dear Nathan,

as we didn't apply the return service yet, we are not able to apply the return label right now.
Could you please help?

We appreciate your help and understanding.

Nathan Bro

Nathan Brown

Apr 29 18:57

Will you be providing me with a labels to send the package. I do not think
I should have to pay for this shipping as it was a factory defect. Also is
there any way for you to go ahead and process and send the replacement as I
need to have this phantom asap.

Storeagent

Storeagent04 (DJI Innovations)

Apr 29 17:52

Dear Nathan,

Please return the package to our LA office. DO quote your order number on the waybill stating you are returning it;
Company: DJI Technology LLC
Address: 6424 Santa Monica BLVD Hollywood Los Angeles, CA 90038
Attn: Ben Puleo
Tel: 818-235-0789
3. After you ship it, let me know the tracking number;
4. When it arrives at our LA office, we'll preparing to send another one.
Thank you.

They have no way to have LA send me a label so that I don't have to pay to return their defective device within the 10 day period???

WOW. I will keep you guys updated on what they say. I will be calling DJI LA today at noon to see what they can do for me now. If anything.

I'm not sure I'd call that a nightmare. It sounds like they'll exchange it. I wouldn't be happy about eating the $50 shipping either, but they are going to take care of you.

feel free to pay pal me 50 bucks if not a big deal to you. Not to mention wheres the new one going to come from china or LA? How long until I see a working phantom. coming up on a month since i ordered. Evidently you have a perfectly working Vision+. I have spent 1300+ and now they want me to pay to fix their problem.... I guess it depends on how you are looking at it. But its easy for you that's for sure. I just want the Forum to know how they are working. If i would have know they would support their direct buyers this way I would have ordered from a retailer.

To be honest, I'm not sure why DJI even sells retail into the NA market. They are creating a nightmare for themselves and undercutting their partners. They have a distributor partner here that is far better equipped to handle RMA activity through dealers. Factories usually prefer to deal with one distributor, who in turn deals with many retailers, who then deal with customers. This is how it can most efficiently be handled, particularly given the manufacturer's location in China.

Since these issues seem to form the basis of the lawsuit, I will not deal directly with the factory. It's too bad too, because I feel like this whole industry is about to blow up if they will just get out of their own way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj