Dji did it again!!!! Wait times now 8-10 weeks

Reaction score
Sent in my P3A 6 weeks ago . After not getting a single email from them, I decided to give them a call. After all the excuses he finally gets to the part where wait times are no longer 5-6 weeks. Now they're 8-10 weeks. A email letting me know this before now would of been nice. Just passing this info about wait on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I crashed into some power lines (operator head-space) and the resulting hard landing ripped the camera/gimbal from the fuselage and bent the gimbal arm at an unusable angle. Also bent the landing gear and trashed a couple of cable connectors. I ordered new cables, landing gear and gimbal/camera and had her back in the air in a few days. These things are fairly straightforward to work on and there are videos on YouTube addressing almost any questions. Don't be afraid to just jump in there yourself unless you feel it's a warranty issue. Even then, if you want to fly rather than wait it's probably worth it.

I filed all my paperwork regarding a crash resulting from a catastrophic battery failure on Monday (9/28). After connecting with their support line, I understand that management won't even get close to looking at the ticket until at least 28-30 days from now. This is going to take months to resolve! WTF?

Reactions: imadago
Sent in my P3A 6 weeks ago . After not getting a single email from them, I decided to give them a call. After all the excuses he finally gets to the part where wait times are no longer 5-6 weeks. Now they're 8-10 weeks. A email letting me know this before now would of been nice. Just passing this info about wait on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it would be nice, but DJI doesn't do that. They do not care what their customers think of them as far as customer service is concerned. There will always be other and more customers that come along. I recently had my P3 serviced. It took ten weeks plus 1 day to get it back. It came back with absolutely no paperwork explaining what they did to it to fix it. They never kept me informed as to when they would get to fixing it. You just have to wonder if you will ever see your drone again once you send it in to them for repair. An American based company would never get away with treating it's customers that way. If a company does you wrong, don't patronize them in the future. But, people keep buying from DJI because the other drone companies are just as bad and many of them are worse than DJI.

Yes it would be nice, but DJI doesn't do that. They do not care what their customers think of them as far as customer service is concerned. There will always be other and more customers that come along. I recently had my P3 serviced. It took ten weeks plus 1 day to get it back. It came back with absolutely no paperwork explaining what they did to it to fix it. They never kept me informed as to when they would get to fixing it. You just have to wonder if you will ever see your drone again once you send it in to them for repair. An American based company would never get away with treating it's customers that way. If a company does you wrong, don't patronize them in the future. But, people keep buying from DJI because the other drone companies are just as bad and many of them are worse than DJI.
The problem is that they haven't caught up with DJI on technology-- customer service is better-- but you cant fly customer service.

So if not DJI for quality drones... who?

Who's their next best competitor in the US market?

So if not DJI for quality drones... who?

Who's their next best competitor in the US market?
Probably SDR Solo-- if they ever get all the bugs ironed out on the platform, extend the distance capabilities and get a good integrated camera system

Probably SDR Solo-- if they ever get all the bugs ironed out on the platform, extend the distance capabilities and get a good integrated camera system
The 3DR is a disaster so far.... the Yuneec Q500 4K is the closest competitor to the Phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1