DJI Device not Activated

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to DJi, bought a P3A 2nd hand and have flown about 8 time now. Since I have had it though it keeps coming up with the message below. I have update the firmware to the lastest for both drone and RC. My question is should I activate and risk the death of my drone or is it harmless?
Thanks

1550319440996.jpeg

I understand that you have flown it 8 times but was that before you did the firmware update or after?
When did this message first appear, after the update I would guess?
What firmware are you running on the drone, controller and App?

Isn't that like when you first get your DJI drone that you have to activate it in order to fly? Perhaps the firmware update just resetted something inside and now needs re-activation?

If you flew it and then did an update and this is the result, it is a common problem with doing updates on these drones it would seem.
Do you know the firmware version before you did the update and what version have you updated to?

The message has been there since I bought the drone. To date I have just cancelled and all seems fine. Flew it before update and all seems ok after update, although I havent got any air time with it since. Hoepfully it wont fall out the sky.

App 3.1.50
Ver. 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2

I beleive it is what Ansia said. Post purchase warranty/service related but just wondering why it requires activation assuming the first owner did.

I'm curious to know what happens when you activate it. Have you contacted DJI yet?

Be careful when you do fly, or it may not fly!
Your App and RC versions are the same as mine however, you have updated right up to the latest version on the drone which is a no no. I suspect the original firmware on the drone was around the same as mine, 1.3.20 and you have to go through several stages to get up to the latest version.
Just for safetyI would suggest you do not attach the props but turn it all on and see if it goes through normal start up procedure and that the RC can control the motors, gimbal. If that all seems `OK, give e not a go, outdoors with plenty of room.

As a matter of interest, the firmware versions going up from 1.3.20 are:
v1.4.0010
v1.6.0040
v1.7.0060
v1.8.80
v1.9.60
v1.10.90.
v1.11.20

Most people, including me, have had a nightmare when trying to do the update in one go - see my thread.

Reactions: sarniac
Cheddarman, I have been reading your posts. Fortunately my drone was already at 1.10.90 so it was an incremental upgrade. I will let you know how I get on in the next few days with flight tests. Still not sure if I should activate. I migth ask DJI directly.

Thanks

Reactions: Sixgun89

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4