DJI Customer Support was excellent for me

Reaction score
I've had my phantom three pro for about two months and all of a sudden my video looked like I was recording through a screen door. I posted a sample on the DJI forum website and one of the reps identified an issue and asked me to ship it back for warranty repair

So I boxed it up, shipped to LA and within four days the issue was fixed and two days later my quadcopter was back in Canada at my home. They installed a brand-new camera & gimbal unit. I forgot my polar pro lens and SD card and both arrived back home safe and sound.

I thought I'd post some positive feedback, there just seems to be so much negativity toward DJI when in fact I've had nothing but great service I encourage others to post their positive experiences as well.

Merry Christmas everyone and here's to flying safe in 2016

David

Just got word my drone is being shipped back after being looked at by DJI for a weird left to right panning movement during descent ... No other info in their email other than its been shipped - do DJI usually give a written report on what they did or discovered and is this usually shipped back with the drone or via email//ticket ?

Good to hear, I contacted them by email a few days ago and had replies back within 24 hours.

Merry Christmas

I posted about a month ago when my P3A died mid flight and tumbled from the sky and smashed into a ton of pieces. I had people on here diagnose it as some sort of a battery error due to me not charging it recently enough (was flown at 58% and the drone shut off within 10 seconds of takeoff). However when we looked at the flight logs no sudden drop in voltage could be observed as was thought. Still some blamed user error. I immeditaely called DJI and followed the RMA instructions to a T. My bird was fully repaired under warranty and back in my possession within 3 weeks of shipping it off. I just took it for its first flight today since the repair and everything worked great!

I agree, great customer support! They overlooked replacing the battery, however when I called they were very apologetic and are in the process of replacing that as well.

One thing, I tried to contact them and ask if I could pay the difference to have them replace my advanced camera with a professional since it was being replaced anyways. Apparently it is a possibility however i contacted them just a day or two too late, the repair had already been completed.

This was also out of the LA facility. Thanks DJI for great customer support!

Reactions: Phantazmk
Just got word my drone is being shipped back after being looked at by DJI for a weird left to right panning movement during descent ... No other info in their email other than its been shipped - do DJI usually give a written report on what they did or discovered and is this usually shipped back with the drone or via email//ticket ?

No report or information given, if there is a complaint mine would be for them to provide a little more communication and information. I just checked my status bar regularly and it went from "assessment and quotation" to "repair at no cost" to "delivered". Then it was shipped in a regular cardboard box with the thick construction type paper crumbled around the drone. A little weird, but it was shipped without any problems.

Reactions: Phantazmk

I followed the status ticket they setup for me. It was lacking information. I called DJI in LA and they informed me of what repairs were actually done under warranty. The info they give is a little sparse at times but overall the service was great. I have flown since the repair and the new camera was amazing.

Got mine back today again as mentioned here is a pretty flimsy cardboard box with minimal packing ... I took pics when I discovered the remote was hard against the lens of the camera and the antenna in a very unhealthy position ... amazed at dji after the emphasis they place on adequate packing when its to be received by them !
Again no report of problem, repair, testing ... extremely disappointing

Reactions: jggraham
Got mine back today again as mentioned here is a pretty flimsy cardboard box with minimal packing ... I took pics when I discovered the remote was hard against the lens of the camera and the antenna in a very unhealthy position ... amazed at dji after the emphasis they place on adequate packing when its to be received by them !
Again no report of problem, repair, testing ... extremely disappointing

One thing I was actually very unhappy about is the remote they sent back was not mine. It was one that was much dirtier and much more heavily used than the one I sent in.

I've had my phantom three pro for about two months and all of a sudden my video looked like I was recording through a screen door. I posted a sample on the DJI forum website and one of the reps identified an issue and asked me to ship it back for warranty repair

So I boxed it up, shipped to LA and within four days the issue was fixed and two days later my quadcopter was back in Canada at my home. They installed a brand-new camera & gimbal unit. I forgot my polar pro lens and SD card and both arrived back home safe and sound.

I thought I'd post some positive feedback, there just seems to be so much negativity toward DJI when in fact I've had nothing but great service I encourage others to post their positive experiences as well.

Merry Christmas everyone and here's to flying safe in 2016

David
i am glad that you had good luck with your retrurn.
i sent my phantom3 pro to DJI on the 15 of dec.
i am still sitting here with empty pockets waiting for some words from DJI.
oh well.
and i didn't even get kissed.

One thing I was actually very unhappy about is the remote they sent back was not mine. It was one that was much dirtier and much more heavily used than the one I sent in.

Why did you have to ship back the remote?

Why did you have to ship back the remote?

It was part of the detailed instructions. I guess to make sure the remote wasn't the problem?

And I wonder if people that are waiting longer didn't follow the instructions exactly. Because there are a lot, and they seem very particular. They even say multiple times that if you don't follow the instructions exactly it could delay the repair and return of your aircraft.

It was part of the detailed instructions. I guess to make sure the remote wasn't the problem?

And I wonder if people that are waiting longer didn't follow the instructions exactly. Because there are a lot, and they seem very particular. They even say multiple times that if you don't follow the instructions exactly it could delay the repair and return of your aircraft.

Well that's good to know. That sucks you got a different remote though.

Reactions: jggraham

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20