dji customer suppor? Do they play the waiting game?

Reaction score
So is dji customer support normally difficult to deal with?
My advanced fell from launch position, a few weeks ago and the shell cracked. Additionally the camera Gimbal was giving a motor error. I sent it and got a bill for 331$. This is a quad that bought on januar11th, so a month old at the time.
I asked them to review the warranty info and other than the call center giving me the email for accounts receivable I can't get any addtional info. They wont respond to said emails.

After this foolishness it would take alot for me to give dji any more of my money,

I bought a standard in November, liked it so much I bought an advanced in January, and now I can't help but feel like a chump.

Reactions: noki49
I called DJI LA office today and I was on the phone for about 10min explaining the problem and they took my email address phone and said I would be receiving 2 emails 1 with the RMA and the 2nd with the shipping label. as far as the phone call it was bad. I cant speak for how fast they will be for repair. the email said 2-3 weeks once received.

they did that a few weeks ag and all was well, now that they want to charge me for the repair of 35 day old quad and I have an inquiry on warranty repair. I get the silent treatment. I can get the same phone center in LA, but, they are teling me I need another department that magically doesn't have phones.

Well I hope my repair goes better. Just bought it from DJI in December. Long as I have it back by 1st week of May im cool with that cause everything looks depressing here cause of winter

Well I hope my repair goes better. Just bought it from DJI in December. Long as I have it back by 1st week of May im cool with that cause everything looks depressing here cause of winter
likewise only I bought mine first of January!
thing barely survived a month. wth... to make it worse. I called them before I ordered to ask about the p4, cause I would have waited. I was told they had no clue what I was talking about.

I really feel like I'm getting the raw end of the stick right now. by the time I spend the 300 on top of what I spent on the p3 I could have bought a p4.
and to make it better, the people I am suppsed to talk to about the warranty don't have a phone and cant return an email.

just a lot unhappy right now.. really thinking maybe should have gone with 3dr, only that guy was real turd to talk to

Waiting game is an understatement. I sent an email to the because my RTH button is loose. The responded two days later. The response said they were waiting for me to respond. Respond to what? I initiated the email and they are waiting for me? They are clueless. Very sad.

omg, dude, I'm sorry to hear
it feels like my drone is being held for ransom at the cost of another p3standard. Meanwhile, they are losing me as a returning customer

I was scared of buying my P 3 A because of their reputation. I bought anyway, hoping I would not need service. Well what do you know. 33 days into ownership and bang here I am waiting for service. Sucks.

I was scared of buying my P 3 A because of their reputation. I bought anyway, hoping I would not need service. Well what do you know. 33 days into ownership and bang here I am waiting for service. Sucks.
yup... total horsepoppy!
then you get angry on the phone; because the guy is reading a script and not answering. So you let a dirty word slip; and, they hang up. Heaven forbid

I bought a phantom standard back in January. The first flight got squirrely with it and I returned it. Then I was torn between the yuneec and the phantom and bought the phantom 3 advanced a couple days ago. It took me 2 months to think about purchasing a new one. Now when I read this it makes me think twice again.

When my standard acted up I emailed DJI customer service. Then 3 weeks later they sent me a useless email. This confirmed my belief that DJI was useless.

Then my RC club was telling me how they rave about DJI and it got me back on board. Now I would hate to have to return it again. Decisions, decisions, decisions.... Wouldn't want to get screwed 45 days with it having to be sent into DJI with a $400 repair bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Too bad many of you guys never got the trouble free Phantom 3 units, that most of us happy and content @dji customers have grown to love. If you had purchased one of them, these discussions wouldn't even take place. But I understand the frustration and all.

I bitched for two months, waiting in great anticipation for my drone to eventually show up, at the Great Hobbies location here, where I had purchased it. When it finally arrived, I was over the moon with the cow. But when I came back to earth, it was waiting for me. Been a sweet blessing, ever since, and I smile on.

Over at the @dji forum, they bunched all of the Phantom forums together, so now folks are over there, griping about that. Hehe

It's a different world over there in the Orient, that many of us don't understand. And you never will, so don't try. They have different objectives, and unusual routines from our lives. Get used to that fact.
They make great drones, but much of their other business practices are foreign to us. Too bad. Or how swell, depending which angle you attack the concern.

RedHotPoker

Too bad many of you guys never got the trouble free Phantom 3 units, that most of us happy and content @dji customers have grown to love. If you had purchased one of them, these discussions wouldn't even take place. But I understand the frustration and all.

I bitched for two months, waiting in great anticipation for my drone to eventually show up, at the Great Hobbies location here, where I had purchased it. When it finally arrived, I was over the moon with the cow. But when I came back to earth, it was waiting for me. Been a sweet blessing, ever since, and I smile on.

Over at the @dji forum, they bunched all of the Phantom forums together, so now folks are over there, griping about that. Hehe

It's a different world over there in the Orient, that many of us don't understand. And you never will, so don't try. They have different objectives, and unusual routines from our lives. Get used to that fact.
They make great drones, but much of their other business practices are foreign to us. Too bad. Or how swell, depending which angle you attack the concern.

RedHotPoker
umm my standard is ok, other than lack of distance(which I knew when I bought it so not a complaint)
but the way they are handeling this, I'm seriously considering asking for it back, selling it as is, and trying the solo.

from the way this is working out that may be cheaoper in the long run, than a 330$+ monthly dji bill.
really 1000$ down and 300$ a month, that's a worse financing option than my first car

Trade up, buy a new 4 and see how you fair with that? Get Lucky.
Personally, I am over stocked with RC models, and don't have enough time in a day to attend my several other serious interests. Let alone hobby crafts. I also do leather work, and am involved with an life long archery love, that takes plenty of time to perfect. My D800, not to mention my Motif XF8 keyboard music suffers from lack of attention too. Spending moments in any/many of the forums is plenty time consuming in itself. Answering these friendly threads makes it even more so. But we have our priorities, and spend the time willingly.

Reading some of the other RC manufacturers forums, you read about their various issues and problematic flights too. No brand is perfect.
I think it's just the nature of the hobby, there are good and bad designs, and or poorly managed assembly floors where some guys aren't paying close enough attention to minute details. They fail. With them cracking Phantom bodies, and drones that don't fly right, that's on the hq to fix. Hopefully, this new design took care of many of them problems. Wait till people are actually flying them in numbers to find out, if these are better or of the same grade of build. That would be sad...

RedHotPoker

Trade up, buy a new 4 and see how you fair with that? Get Lucky.
Personally, I am over stocked with RC models, and don't have enough time in a day to attend my several other serious interests. Let alone hobby crafts. I also do leather work, and am involved with an life long archery love, that takes plenty of time to perfect. My D800, not to mention my Motif XF8 keyboard music suffers from lack of attention too. Spending moments in any/many of the forums is plenty time consuming in itself. Answering these friendly threads makes it even more so. But we have our priorities, and spend the time willingly.

Reading some of the other RC manufacturers forums, you read about their various issues and problematic flights too. No brand is perfect.
I think it's just the nature of the hobby, there are good and bad designs, and or poorly managed assembly floors where some guys aren't paying close enough attention to minute details. They fail. With them cracking Phantom bodies, and drones that don't fly right, that's on the hq to fix. Hopefully, this new design took care of many of them problems. Wait till people are actually flying them in numbers to find out, if these are better or of the same grade of build. That would be sad...

RedHotPoker
I wish I had the ability to do so. But, I don't have th mindset to keep throwing money away. Not to mention, there is a principal in here. I would have thought that buying two drones in 3 months that dji would at the bare minimum be capable of returning an email. Or one of three emails I've sent at least .

But oh well, my loss im sure. Who cares right? Ok not a hard core enthusiast or collector. I was on my way of becoming one. If this is how all drone companies treat people who invest their money into the products, I'll be much better off staying away.
1500$ in 3 months is a sizeable expense for me to be left with nothing to show for it.

This is helpful
temporary_zpsonbnzajb.jpg

so according to the dji forum the ribbon cable busted,
I had a ribbon cable guard on it

this is news the first time im hearing about the ribbon cable- can you see how this can get a little old? im just finding this out after all this the bill does not idicate a ribbon cable at all.
again- DID THEY TEST IT?
yes i said the SH__ word, I dropped the phone, on top of being angry at not getting any answers - im a human being not an atm machine - and im pretty sure that the tech person has used that word as well. besides they hung up the phone after laughing at me. was that part written?

I had the ribbon cable guard on it, so the ribbon cable guard did not guard the ribbon cable?
and if the gimbal guard is bad why does dji sell it?

i took measures to try and protect the 800 investment aparantely none of which protect it from a fall of 3.5 feet? I used the term 'hard landing' in what i wrote and the first thing the tech support guy said was "we dont cover crashes or hard landings and you said hard laning" so because someone new uses a term they hear, im left wondering, did they actually look at the equipment or just the note? NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THAT, so yes it bothers me, yes i said a bad word, im sorry. can we start over? can somone answer my questions?

and why cant these people contact me to answer questions? it would be nice to know that they actually tested this thing, can you see how this is a little disturbing, it worked when it left here. and where do i pay whatever? and what can i do to prevent a 300$ repair bill next month?
obviously i want it working again but what is the point behind a warranty if it cant handle a drop in the grass with dji equipment?

again. i have been asking these questions, and still no one has even answered the one where do swipe my card. moreless the one as to how in the world a device this expensive designed to fly over a thousand feet in the air can't handle a drop from 3.5 feet into grass.
and whats with the reports of these deices coming from repair with janky phantom badges and grease stains? assuing i spend another 331$ ( IF SOMEONE TELLS ME WHERE) what is going to look like when it gets back? - ive seen some pictures on forums that honestly have me nervous to get it back.
when my standard came back the box had some black stains on it that were not there from me. yeah the phantom 3 i bought in november went for service in december-not related to my activity- the remote had a dead battery stopped working. so you can now see the trend as to my relationship with dji equipment????????????? im 2 for 2 and about to be even more financially invested in this equipment. OH and while im at it, i called the day i ordered the p3a and asked about when the p4 would drop- i was told " we dont know anything about a phantom 4" so i ordered the advanced. - a little icing on the cake for me was a less than truthful statement which effected my buying decision. and here i am about to be as invested in the adanced as i would be with a phantom 4.

i dont think i am asking for alot to have something this expensive work for longer than 30 days, and a little but of upfront communication. I think my agitation with this overall would be understandable. especially when my contact here is more than ive had with anyone at all between both scenarios. so if i said a dirty word to the man on the phone again my deepest apologies.

IF THE CAMERA AND RIBBON CABLE WERE BAD- WOULD IT STILL TRANSMIT THE IMAGE TO THE TABLET? IT WAS WHEN IT LEFT HERE. AGAIN, THAT SHOULD BE SEEN IN THE FLIGHT RECORDS. IT FEELS AS THOUGH THEY READ THE NOTE AND MADE ASUMPTIONS BUT NOT TURNED ON THE DEVICE TO CHECK IT .

Quote "a fall of 3.5 feet"
Quote: "i dont think i am asking for alot to have something this expensive work for longer than 30 days,"

Did your quad jump off something all by itself? Or did the devil make it fall?

Quote "a fall of 3.5 feet"
Quote: "i dont think i am asking for alot to have something this expensive work for longer than 30 days,"

Did your quad jump off something all by itself? Or did the devil make it fall?
dude, I don't have a lot of experience with the lingo so forgive my stupid use of words.

I hit auto take off... it took off like normal then started flying off to the left on its own, so I used the down lever to land it and it landed in the grass and tilted back.

what that is called with the technical drone vocabulary, is beyond me.
but I'm starting to feel like the devil. at least that's what I think dji thinks of me.

I should probably just tell them to send it back and i'll sell the stupid thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic