DJI customer service took care of my issues

Reaction score
I had a flyaway with my phantom after about 150 flights. Mine was a little different because it was at the end of a battery. It just took off climbed turned around and crashed into a roof. I was shocked from the time I lost control until it was sliding off the roof and onto the side walk was less than 6 seconds. My phantom had dove at the ground and the entire shell was destroyed top and bottom. The day this happened my first flight was in downtown LA in Pershing Square. The 2 and 3rd flights where from the light house in Long Beach. Queen Mary in the back ground.

Now my phantom had never been crashed and has only been tipped over 4 times. Twice the first day I got it and twice because I had the props mounted wrong.

So after the crash I ordered replacement parts and sent a message to DJI. All I asked them for was troubleshooting help. See I pre flight every single time it goes up I check props/nuts screws check wire connections I look at everything I can see to help ensure a safe flight. I always calibrate everything and use the latest firm ware.

In about a week DJI customer service got back to me. They asked me to send them my phantom they would inspect it make repairs and return it back to me. This was great, way more than I even asked for; I was just looking for advice. They had it about a week before they get back to me. They told me they had to replace the entire shell, props and 2 ESC boards, and that they had updated software and flown 2 batteries and everything was working great and they just wanted to confirm my address so they could ship it back. They did not ask for a credit card and did not want any payment. They repaired it for FREE.

Thank you so much DJI for your help.

This was DJI the company or a DJI dealer?

Good for you brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They worked directly with me. Thank god, the hobby store I purchased it at is just a bunch of kids who don't really care nor have the knowledge to understand and address a problems.

I can tell you they are slow and I am sure the customer service department is very very small but in my eyes they did a good job and I will give them a B+.

Wow!!! That's incredible. That's the first positive post I've read about DJI. Good to hear they took care of you.

cssfly said:
Sorry DJI SUCKS!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lol I love how you think your DJI bashing is going to have any effect, I asked you to give info on your flyaway but you dont even bother just make stupid posts like this everywhere. Your not going to get anything from your agenda, if you have a true issue you'd at least want to put that down if you want it to be noticed rather then the last few posts I have seen you post here and spam the DJI facebook page, who knows or cares where else you post such useless crap that says nothing about any issue. Even if there is an issue in some rare cases your spam agenda with no info only hurts the cause, and makes you look pretty bad sorry to say.

The original poster had a great "feel good" story of DJI customer service, and everybody was kinda "feelin the vibe".
Even those with not such good luck, were happy for him.

We all feel bad for those that have lost their Phantoms, with untold $$$ invested. But I agree with Martcerv, that "bashing"
DJI on every available thread, and media source, looks bad, and will not further any positive action.

Plus, five "evil dudes", yikes !

martcerv said:
cssfly said:

Lol I love how you think your DJI bashing is going to have any effect, I asked you to give info on your flyaway but you dont even bother just make stupid posts like this everywhere. Your not going to get anything from your agenda, if you have a true issue you'd at least want to put that down if you want it to be noticed rather then the last few posts I have seen you post here and spam the DJI facebook page, who knows or cares where else you post such useless crap that says nothing about any issue. Even if there is an issue in some rare cases your spam agenda with no info only hurts the cause, and makes you look pretty bad sorry to say.
Hey DJI sucks!!! who the ?r u? :evil: no phone call back no e/m back dji customer service SUCKs I dont need to follow what you think is right until u have a fly away and its not just the phantom my F550 flew away and it could have ended up bad but thank god it didn't just wait buddy till it happens to u and you want someone from DJI to call u back or e/m u back after you have invested over 3k in DJI stuff and this happens all of a sudden You need to step back before you throw stones as you my not a friend look like a well u fill in the blankk ! ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OH spam what spam r u talking about buddy ? before you accuse me of spam get your facts straight !

Dont come crying when you read somewhere that a flyaway flys into a child or a car and causes an bad accident is it going to take that kind of misfortune to get the DJI attention? I Hope not ! I have called 8 times left 8 messages e/m every day after my TWO fly aways and still NOTHING ! So please dont thump you stupid oh dont pee on the party to me~ :twisted:

Approach means everything. if you have flown an RC in past then you know they CRASH you buy parts and CRASH even more. So why in the hell would anyone think this NEW technology is going to be 100% perfect every time. the vibration the moisture, the impacts with the ground, and the % of parts that are just going to fail off the line. Show me one electronic devise that is 100% reliable.

I am so thankful DJI has released this type of technology that I as a consumer can purchase.

I will say again, I never asked DJI to replace anything. I asked them for help understanding what happened so I could inspect or replace that system. they offered to repair.

Say what you want but DJI stepped up and did me ok. So much so that I know own 2 phantoms.

It is funny I am all about solving the problem. If losing a phantom and a fly away is such a big deal then spend what about 120 and get a GPS tracker. At least now you can find it.

Or you could complain blame other people post bla bla all over the net and never solve the problem.

Well, I lost my Phantom in a flyway. Was very pissed about it(only had it a week or less) but accepted it was gone for good (which it seems to be).
I started budgeting for another Phantom and also another GoPro Hero 3 Black as that was also lost.

I contacted DJI via youtube and facebook asking if they were aware of the flyaway issue and they replied to me via PM on facebook. Long story short after a few emails I posted my transmitter, charger and paypal receipt to them and am now tracking a package from Germany with a brand new phantom in it.

It was Dave Hollins from DJI europe who emailed me back(I'm based in Ireland) and liased with myself and their support dept.

Anyway, DJI do indeed need to sort out the issue of the flyway (new/better transmitter or rx? Firmware?). But if you contact them and don't go mental or get angry they seem to be willing to help out.

One things for sure, my new phantom will have GPS tracking installed on it (have a few cheap and not so cheap GPS trackers coming next week as well as parts to build my own, will post my findings and results) as well as a those long range bluetooth based trackers. I already have those loc8tor rfid tags and tracker so might test them on it as well.

My story is:

I bought my phantom early april and flew it maybe 8-10 flights with a few minor crashes. Then in mid-may a prop flew off in flight and the phantom nose dived into a field. No visible damage but did not fly right after that. I even tinkered with the transmiter and made matters worse.

Neway, i sent it back and after 6 weeks a brand new phantom appeared at my doorstep. So i have nothing but good things to say about dji customer service.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20