DJI Customer Service - Terrible

Reaction score
In the past, I've waited approximately 1.5 to 2hrs online for DJI Customer Support. Usually I would call and be #40 something in line. Today I call and they completely revamped their automated call system. Now, instead of saying I'm number X in line, the message says "we are experiencing an extremely high call volume at this time, please call back again later"...hangs up... dial tone... This call was made over an hour prior to their advertised close of business hour of 5pm Pacific time. This is just bad customer service. It's bad enough that they inadequately staff their customer support to the level that you must wait 2hrs, and now they just hang up on you and don't even give you the option to wait in the queue. Sorry, just had to vent my frustration...

Went through that today also. Pretty sure their entire support staff is fielding PV2plus problems all day every day. This scremns to 2 things. 1) They are under staffed and 2) this product was released too early. Practically every post on here has some type of issue. I am personally on my 2nd unit and both have had issues right out of the box. Today when I called about my new issue (tilt on camera not responding) customer support had one suggestion only, which was totally obvious, them said I should sent in for repairs and wait 6 weeks.

Poor service may not be accurate, just not prepared for the volume and various types of issues they are getting.

I've shared some of my Technical Support experience in another thread, but briefly, I called right when they said their normal business hours started, 9AM. I was prepared for a disappointing experience because I had called earlier and the calls were all terminated by the automated system repeatedly. This was on a previous day around 1pm their local time.

This time, the automated system said I was 7th in line and updated regularly telling me I was still 7th until 9:15. During the next 60 seconds, it updated to 6th, 5th, 4th, and then 3rd very quickly like 4 of the callers before me were all now being served.

It took another 15 minutes to get to talk with a Tech Service rep. I thought their system seemed to work well and kept me informed of my status regularly.

It seemed to me they had 4 reps answering customer calls. My call was handled professionally. While I was disappointed in the information they provided, I understood they were giving me the only information they had.

I was on the phone a total of 40 minutes for a 10 minute or less conversation. Based on the wait time, I agree they seem under staffed based on the volume of calls.

I've never waited more than 30 minutes but when i called i knew more about the phantom then they did. a lot more. and this was before it even arrived. and it seems like they just want people to ship their phantoms back without troubleshooting. the last call i made to them, he said to ship it back within the first 3 minutes of conversation. all i had to do to fix my problem was update the mobile app. smh

Not had any issues with my P2V+ ?? neither have other posters on here, so there plenty without any issues !

;)

pyrophantom said:
Not had any issues with my P2V+ ?? neither have other posters on here, so there plenty without any issues !

;)
Awesome! However this thread pertains to people's experience with DJI customer support.

pyrophantom said:

;)

That's a prety bold statement speaking for thousands of owners. One look at nearly every category here will show multiple owners are having issues. It's only a matter of time before most, but not all, will experience some form of a problem. As for tech support. When I cornered one, he sorta made things up as he was going along, then tried to backtrack. Busted.

The long wait times is a sign DJI does not put much emphasis on customer support. Also, if owners are having to wait 30 minutes to speak with a tech, this is a problem in its own right. Either the tech is spending too much time covering the issue, or they are blistfully understaffed with a small budget. I have been on hold up to 45 minutes, never less than 25 minutes. No customer should ever have to wait this long. I have responded to customer surveys to the China home office about this and all they could say in return was "Thanks for your survey".

DJI should take a serious look at how they take care of, (or lack of) their customers. They are very remote in how they handle communications and lack serious transparency. imo

QJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20