DJI customer service hell...please advise firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,
I am on DJI chat line as I write this because it's ridiculous waiting for the right answers from them. I have so far formatted my micro SD card to start all over. They have instructed me to force the RC clean to allow for an update to the RC. My RC now sits powered up with a blue LED at the left and all white LED's lit up. That's as far as I got. I have not yet put the new firmware update on the micro SD card yet. How do I upgrade the RC now that I have this standing blue light? Thank you
PS: DJI is telling me that the firmware upgrades to the aircraft and RC are different although all YouTube tutorials seem to be saying you use the same one.

Hi,
I am on DJI chat line as I write this because it's ridiculous waiting for the right answers from them. I have so far formatted my micro SD card to start all over. They have instructed me to force the RC clean to allow for an update to the RC. My RC now sits powered up with a blue LED at the left and all white LED's lit up. That's as far as I got. I have not yet put the new firmware update on the micro SD card yet. How do I upgrade the RC now that I have this standing blue light? Thank you
PS: DJI is telling me that the firmware upgrades to the aircraft and RC are different although all YouTube tutorials seem to be saying you use the same one.

Might just be me but.... what is the problem? You mention firmware on the RC but then also updating the controller. Have you tried to do an update yet? What was the issue? What happened? What did the result file tell you?

All firmware is the same for the P3.

Last night while flying I was getting notifications on the app that the RC, aircraft and batteries needed firmware upgrades. It would not let me fly. I began the firmware upgrade on the RC through the app but interrupted it because I did not have the time to do an upgrade at that time. DJI is now telling me that I may have rendered the Phantom RC useless because I interrupted the process and stopped in the middle. Now when I turn on the RC is constantly beeps and flashes red. In the meantime I've updated the aircraft and batteries. I tried to use the same upgrade on the RC but without success. Now whenever I turn on the RC it beeps constantly and blinks red. DJI is now telling me to send the RC to them as it's a hardware issue. What do you guys think?

try rolling it back.
plug the usb cable in the controller and start the goapp and in top right corner you will see a "graduate hat" tap and hold at least 10 seconds and release
and then you might get an option to download 1.5.8 version and install it and after that upgrade to 1.6.0

Okay...1.5.8 is installing. At least it says it is. It says to keep the aircraft connected with the remote controller? RC shows blue light with white LED's lit up. app says install at approx 31% and counting...

good sign!!
once installed, assuming you have 1.8.8 or 1.8.8+ on the bird you will have to upgrade the controller to 1.6.0

also if this is P3 Pro make sure a fan (like a cooling house fan) is blowing on the gimbal at all times or you will cook the gimbal main board if turned on without any airflow on the gimbal for a long time.
that little fan on the P3P gimbal ain't doing $%^&

It's the P3A and I now have a green light on the RC! You guys are geniuses! Now how best to upgrade to 1.6.0?

Last night while flying I was getting notifications on the app that the RC, aircraft and batteries needed firmware upgrades. It would not let me fly.

It will let you fly.

Now whenever I turn on the RC it beeps constantly and blinks red. DJI is now telling me to send the RC to them as it's a hardware issue. What do you guys think?

Let me correct my prior post... I think there is a difference between the Adv/Pro and the Standard. None the less, just make sure you use the correct one.

I'd think they would make it very difficult to brick the controller as it's always possible someone could interrupt the update. But I suspect if the timing was perfect that this could happen.

My recommendation is to turn the controller on (nothing else) and let it sit there for 20 minutes or so, turn it off and on and see what happens.

If that does not work I'd then turn it on and then connect it to the display device and see what happens. Load up the app manually if needed. See if you can start the update all over again from the main pop up screen.

just click on the top middle where it says safe to fly or something and you will open the screen where it will say 1.6.0 upgrade

It will let you fly.

Let me correct my prior post... I think there is a difference between the Adv/Pro and the Standard. None the less, just make sure you use the correct one.

I'd think they would make it very difficult to brick the controller as it's always possible someone could interrupt the update. But I suspect if the timing was perfect that this could happen.

My recommendation is to turn the controller on (nothing else) and let it sit there for 20 minutes or so, turn it off and on and see what happens.

If that does not work I'd then turn it on and then connect it to the display device and see what happens. Load up the app manually if needed. See if you can start the update all over again from the main pop up screen.
tcope,
i think he's good.
he rolled back and now installing 1.6.0

Reactions: David Tolsky
do you have connection to the Phantom from the controller? video good? motors start when you do a CSC? ,.... ?
all good?

that's because you will NEED to upgrade to 1.6.0. tap on where it says Disconnected and on the next screen you will see the msg saying you need to upgrade the controller to 1.6.0

It says Firware Upgrade Required only. Nothing happens when i touch it. A window pops up about Satellite Positioning off warning. So I'm getting Update Radio Firmware but it seems to be a dead end

when you go to ... (three dot icon) scroll all the way down and tap on about. what does the version say about the RC and Aircraft ?

Tap on disconnected

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    602.1 KB · Views: 307

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj