DJI Customer Service for P2V+ no RMA until June 1st

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced terrible customer service from DJI?

**** Warning "Big Baby(tm)" Rant Follows*****

I don't get it. How could a company build a product and then not have spare parts and product support plan in place?

I've worked for world leaders and innovators in customer service for most of my business career in both retail and software. I understand both sides of delivering a product. One thing is for sure, the survival of the brand and it's products/services relies heavily on what happens with customer service in the early adopter phase and then again in the mass adoption phase. Right now we are in early adopter and DJI is completely failing. If they don't fix their support, they will fail. Another company with as good of a product and better support will come in and take over.

Their phone waits are non existent because 99% of the time they simply say the call volume is too heavy and the system just hangs up. Their email support is like spaghetti with Corporate/US and different departments not communicating, giving different status on single support requests and they have verbally stated that between the US and Corporate they can not see each other's support request responses on a single support request?!

Lastly, they have delivered a product the P2V+ which they are not taking in for repair!? Even on manufacturing flaws!?

Specifically on my post about a bright spot in my images and videos they are refusing to replace or fix the product and will only issue an RMA after June 1st. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15490&p=144484#p144484

Even had I notified them of this issue within the 7 day (10 day for our area) window for exchange they could only have returned the product because they don't have the parts to exchange out and won't have the part s until sometime in June.

Shame on you DJI.

*****END "Big Baby(tm) RANT****

They are an absolute feckin joke I don't know why anyone bought a Vision plus at all considering what we know from this forum about how they handled the vision customers. Then there is all the poor people who bought a vision only to have the vision + released within days of them purchasing a Vision. Its becoming clear that there was not notice because like their firmware updates it was all done in a mad rush.

I was pissed at having my vision 2 months before the pv+ came out but tbh now I'm delighted I didnt get the pv2+ because man it seems to be a real POS when it comes to the camera and gimbal fragility. Getting parts for the pv2 is no problem now but in fairness its a tank compared to the plus. Parts will become more available for the plus but in fairness we can see now the plus is definitely not for first time flyers. Listen this is a chinese company, they dont know or care what customer service is. I did my research on dji for 6 months before I invested in my bird, I saw all the problems and complaints, weighed up my options and still bought because no other manufacturer on the market has made a quad anywhere near to the quality of the p2 series. Im waiting till xmas to see what dji release then or to see does a competitor come out with something better but more than likely I'll be buying something thats un tested. People need to realise 1 thing, you are buying something that flys, IT WILL CRASH!!!

UPDATE - Re: DJI Customer Service for P2V+ no RMA until June

Hold the bus.

I actually think DJI is working really hard on their customer service.

What was initially a nightmare, made worse because I'm a cynic has turned into a good customer service story for DJI.

In the end, even though I was past the refund/exchange date, I had proof that the flaw came with the Phantom day one, that I had real business where I needed the Phantom and they agreed to refund it. To speed it along, I simply purchased another one. They are attempting to expedite it.

So the story isn't quite over yet, but it's turning out to be much better than I thought.

And, if a company is to be successful with a disruptive product, they have to deliver on service to take it beyond the earlier adopters. From my very limited, single incident perspective, they are doing this and really trying.

Good for you DJI. I take back what I "whined" about. I was being a big baby and not being patient.

And.... you actually have GOT your refund (in your bank/on your credit card)?

And....you actually HAVE your replacement (in your hands)?

And.... your replacement IS a new, unopened, non B Stock product is it?

And.... It FLYS and performs without issue does it?

When all the above criteria are met, I believe what you are saying. Until that time.... I wouldn't hold my breath!

The Editor said:
And.... you actually have GOT your refund (in your bank/on your credit card)?

And....you actually HAVE your replacement (in your hands)?

And.... your replacement IS a new, unopened, non B Stock product is it?

And.... It FLYS and performs without issue does it?

When all the above criteria are met, I believe what you are saying. Until that time.... I wouldn't hold my breath!

I have a similar story. I had a problem with my first P2V+ (I'm currently on my third one because of defects with the first two) I bought direct from DJI. To answer your questions, yes I got the $$ returned to my PayPal account. Yes I have a replacement in hand. Yes it is new unopened. Yes I had a defect in my second one and the dealer refunded to my CC. And yes I have a third P2V+ that after 10 days is flying as expected. I can't say DJI Customer Service is great, but at the end of the day I got my refund and have a new P2V+ to enjoy. I'm happy.

Guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones and have had no problems with my P2V+ so far. Thus have had no need to contact DJI. I think we should give them some slack though. This product has been wildly popular. Probably much more so than they expected. Thus the wait times for a new order and the lack of spare parts. Because of the fragile camera design there have been lots of problems with people running them into the ground (or tree, or building) and they've been inundated with calls, "faulty" return requests and repair RMA's. Don't they deserve some slack?

Birdman said:
Guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones and have had no problems with my P2V+ so far. Thus have had no need to contact DJI. I think we should give them some slack though. This product has been wildly popular. Probably much more so than they expected. Thus the wait times for a new order and the lack of spare parts. Because of the fragile camera design there have been lots of problems with people running them into the ground (or tree, or building) and they've been inundated with calls, "faulty" return requests and repair RMA's. Don't they deserve some slack?
I don't buy the argument that the P2V+ has been more popular than they expected. Maybe, but any company that launches a new product into a market they should understand VERY WELL, and doesn't understand it meets an unmet need, and then doesn't plan for success, deserves to be criticized some! This is a relatively low volume, $1500 consumer product and probably doesn't see the level of testing other products see before launch, but DJI has been very quiet about their response to the market, and they seem to be slow responding to the tech support issues. But they processed my claim and gave me a timely refund, and I responded by buying another one.....and then another one. Hopefully this one will stick.

The only way things will change is if we group together and let DJI know they need to lift their game. Leave a comment on the bad service petition. When i get a high response I will email this to DJI.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12392&p=151167#p151167

This again is just my own opinion and a bit of a ramble.

I do think DJI has a HUGE opportunity with the Phantom line to go into many existing and new markets, silo and horizontal. They have done a lot of things correctly to be the ones to have a successful disruptive product, marketing, price, combination of technology, sales, working with federal agencies, supporting the early adopters (mainly non-Phantom products)... what they haven't done and what could leave the door wide open for someone else to step in is provide excellent support to the new mainstream markets for their disruptive product, the Phantom line. Think Microsoft VS. IBM/OS2, Visi Corp/Visi On, Digital Research/GEM or Apple VS Nokia. Microsoft and Apple won primarily because they provided amazing support to their early adopters, the application developers and then to the end customer. Neither company had a better product than any of the others, especially Microsoft. I worked for them during that time and I can tell you there were way better OS's that Windows.

Check out - Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Chasm If someone at DJI isn't studying this now, they should.

There are already look alike products... I mean really look alike products from firms in Hong Kong popping up on eBay. Plus there are established products that can compete too.

As others have said, I've put my oars in with DJI... for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj