DJI competition hots up.. Yuneec 4K

Reaction score
Clever little UAS... http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=44449255

Yuneec 4K with 3D gimbal and 120fps 1080p

"The Typhoon 4K comes with several smart features built into the system, including Geo-fencing, Speed Control, Follow Me and Watch Me. The Q500 4K also maintains the Typhoon family's focus on safety with features like Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly. The Typhoon Q500 4K system is available for the suggested retail price of $1299 USD."

Bring it on!
These, and the 3DR's and any other competition will lead to greater innovation, better features, lower prices, etc etc, and is a good thing for our Sport/Hobby/Profession

WIll be interesting to see how the camera performs but unfortunately the drone has been rather mediocre so far. It's big, very slow and the FPV lags too much.

Clever little UAS... http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=44449255

Yuneec 4K with 3D gimbal and 120fps 1080p

"The Typhoon 4K comes with several smart features built into the system, including Geo-fencing, Speed Control, Follow Me and Watch Me. The Q500 4K also maintains the Typhoon family's focus on safety with features like Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly. The Typhoon Q500 4K system is available for the suggested retail price of $1299 USD."

And handheld gimbal as well!

"The Steady Grip handheld device ensures ground shots are as smooth as those taken from the air. The Steady Grip user is able to capture images, shoot videos and control the CGO3 gimbal camera all from the easily downloadable mobile app, CGO3."

I've watched a lot of Yuneec videos and they just pale in comparison to P3 or even many P2 and GoPro vids. Maybe the 4K will be better, but as usual it pays to wait until they are in the hands of lots of users and you see examples of the quality.

Since video and pics are the whole idea of these things, it's hard to talk about competition unless the end product is as good or better. I have a CGO1 - very poor. The GGO2 is so-so. Hopefully the 3 will be better.

On the positive side, Yuneec (unlike Solo) actually works, is complete w/the gimbal and costs in the same price range as the P3. For those who want the bigger profile and/or who dislike DJI at least there is another option.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic