DJI Care Repair/Replacement Plan

Hmmm .. Interesting find !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you look at exclusion #3 which is "damage caused by flight in unsuitable flight environments" appears to be rather vague. If the wind, temp or such is greater than they recommend does that void it? If you hit a power line or cell phone tower will they say you shouldn't have been flying around those. And although most going into the drink are not recovered, some are, so I would like to see those being offered to be repaired as well.

To me it seems like the coverage is more of a pre-pay repair service rather than damage insurance. Under certain conditions DJI will replace a drone if it beyond repair and the entire unit needs to be replaced. However it seems like usually the repairs are limited to the amount paid for the coverage. I'm not sure where the value is.
I think the coverage is the amount you paid for the aircraft itself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

In the case of the phantom 3 pro - the insurance amount is $250 or so for about $750 (the original $1,000 purchase price minus the insurance amount) of coverage. In addition there is the shipping cost of sending the drone in to be fixed.

For me I'll pass on this. In the past whenever I've purchased these protection plans it always seems to be more trouble then they are worth especially when trying to collect.

Last edited:
If I read it correctly, the coverage for a P3P is $999 for $279. When the $999 is used up or the unit is replaced, the coverage ends.

Also remember to check your credit card(most of us did pay with one). Many cards double the warranty on your purchase, up to one full year. So you could get up to a full year of coverage for free, excluding flyaway and the like.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1