DJI Care Refresh

Reaction score
Can I add Refresh if I bought the Mavic through Amazon?

Will refresh cover crashes that were my fault?

Any idea what the small fee for replacement will be?

If I lose the Mavic in the ocean will I be able to get a new one with Refresh or do you need to turn in the old unit? Thank you.

Reactions: Eugenio Fernandez
According to DJI. Once you receive item you activate it. You have 48hrs from time of activation to add on warranty for $99 through there site

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Anyone use any services like this from dji? Is it recommended considering they have obstacle avoidance and all?

Anyone incidents of still crashing with obstacle avoidance on?

Will refresh cover crashes that were my fault?Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro) | DJI Store

If I lose the Mavic in the ocean will I be able to get a new one with Refresh or do you need to turn in the old unit? Thank you.

As taken from the product page (follow the links people!):

If in the US:

upload_2016-9-29_4-15-37.png

If in the EU (because life is more affordable there):

upload_2016-9-29_4-16-37.png

For the rest, pick your country on DJI's website!

Will refresh cover crashes that were my fault?

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned aircraft.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for remote controller and modification accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
11) Damage resulting from circuit restructuring not in accordance to manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
12) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft or accessories.
Would be nice to get some clarification on "partially lost". If I do crash into a tree, or some crackpot guns down my Mavic for simply operating in the same county as him, I hope I'm covered if I can at least recover the amputated arm.

Would be nice to get some clarification on "partially lost". If I do crash into a tree, or some crackpot guns down my Mavic for simply operating in the same county as him, I hope I'm covered if I can at least recover the amputated arm.
What is disappointing is that a flyaway or water loss are not covered. These are the most expensive situations which would require a replacement. Also, what is the definition of "Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions"?
Maybe an adder to your home owners policy would be a better option.

What is disappointing is that a flyaway [is] not covered.

Why would you expect flyaway would be covered? A big part of the low cost is that they will get the re-use the parts for a refurb unit.

Put another way, what's to stop me from getting my Mavic, saying "oh uh.. it flew away", and getting a second one for $(1)79? If they allowed for flyaway coverage, costs would skyrocket due to the number of people who would absolutely abuse it.

Last edited:
Why would you expect flyaway would be covered? A big part of the low cost is that they will get the re-use the parts for a refurb unit.

Put another way, what's to stop me from getting my Mavic, saying "oh uh.. it flew away", and getting a second one for $(1)79? If they allowed for flyaway coverage, costs would skyrocket due to the number of people who would absolutely abuse it.
It would be akin to smartphone insurance plans. Lost/stolen claims happen all the time. If you tried too keep a lost Drone you'd by found out as soon as you connected to the Go Pro app. I agree the program cost would have to be at least $200 and the deductible at least $150.

So...you either pay the repair cost OR pay for replacement?

I assume the repair would always be less than the replacement? Otherwise, why would you not choose replacement?

I'm not getting DJI Care Refresh because of this statement in the FAQs: "DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use." It sounds like it doesn't cover pilot error, just if there are "quality issues" present.

I'm not getting DJI Care Refresh because of this statement in the FAQs: "DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use." It sounds like it doesn't cover pilot error, just if there are "quality issues" present.
It seems like they just put you in front of the warranty line. I'll pass.

It sounds like it doesn't cover pilot error, just if there are "quality issues" present.
It does cover pilot error. I believe they are trying to say they will not cover damage caused by intentional misuse.

It does cover pilot error. I believe they are trying to say they will not cover damage caused by intentional misuse.

I guess we'll find definition of 'intentional misuse' once the claims would start pouring in. For example, would smashing into a tree while flying in sport mode constitute a misuse?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

would smashing into a tree while flying in sport mode constitute a misuse?
There are most likely very few cases of intentional misuse. DJI has to cover all of their bases though.

They need to remove that language from the FAQ before I would purchase the coverage. Saying that it "provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use" gives DJI a way to say "there were no quality issues found related to the drone, therefore you do not qualify for a replacement." Now, there's other language that points toward it covering pilot error, but I'm not buying into a contract that has sloppy language around it that favors the other party.

No worries. You can find coverage other places. Check with the company who you have your home insurance through.

My biggest fear is a bird strike, where i fly there are a lot of red kites, my mate had his f450 brought down by one and the other week a kite was threatening mine..... i wonder if that would be covered o_O

My biggest fear is a bird strike, where i fly there are a lot of red kites, my mate had his f450 brought down by one and the other week a kite was threatening mine..... i wonder if that would be covered o_O

They have a list of bird species they cover in the event of a strike. Some species simply hate drones, so they are not covered. You need to take those strikes up with the The Hague. The hard part is compelling the bird to testify as to why it attacked the drone. They tend to just stand mute on the witness stand and glare at you. ;)

Lol, so they cover ya for birds that deffo wont attack, but birds that will attack are exempt ... hmmmm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj