DJI Care Refresh - Worthwhile? Copout by DJI?

Reaction score
On the surface, the DJI Care Refresh warranty seems like a decent deal for someone who might hedge bets on accidental damage. Basically your cost for the first crash is $179 ($100 for DCR, and $79 for your first swap), a good $600 savings.

However, the very first clause of their Terms of Service says the following (emphasis mine):

If your aircraft suffers a performance failure due to a product quality problem during normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested.

This sounds like you're also paying to be covered against their historically poor QC, which is a nickel-and-dime practice if I ever saw one. Someone please tell me build quality issues would be covered by their standard warranty? An extra $100 is worth decent piece of mind, but I'll refuse out of protest if this is the only way to get them to own up to their own mistakes.

Someone please tell me build quality issues would be covered by their standard warranty?
They should be if the parts are within the warranty period. However, parts/aircraft are usually replaced with refurbished parts/aircraft. If DJI Care Refresh is offering a brand new replacement for a small charge, then that could be beneficial. The details of that warranty seem to be a little vague at this point.

If you read the FAQ there's a bunch of exceptions, for ex if theres any moisture in the aircraft they wont replace.
I suspect theres a lot of crashes where the drone is not recoverable (due to battery, prop, etc failures). Its not covering that either.
Basically it sounds like its only covering the times where you made a mistake and flew in a tree for example (where you can recover it).

Sure... and frankly, I'm okay with that. Nobody covers water damage, so I'm not really bothered by that specifically. And my P2 actually did drift into a tree, so it's right up my alley. :)

I do think the accidental damage part is worthwhile for this; I'm just worried that they're going to require this to even get service that DJI should already be providing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4