DJI Care or should I sit this one out?

Reaction score
My P4 should be here on Tuesday. So the question is do I purchase DJI Care or just get an extra two batteries and press my luck?

From what I am reading on this forum is that if I did have a crash, my P4 would be in "repair" up to 2 months. With all the new features on this P4, unless I did not follow rules on flying I should be fine.

So the question remains.... Do you think the DJI Care is a good investment or do I take to the skies without it?

Last edited:
My P4 should be here on Tuesday. So the question is do I purchase DJI Care or just get an extra two batteries and press my luck?

From what I am reading on this forum is that if I did have a crash, my P4 would be in "repair" up to 2 months. With all the new features on this P4, unless I did not follow rules on flying I should be fine.

So the question remains.... Do you think the DJI Care is a good investment or do I take to the skies without it?

This is an aircraft, it can fall down go boom. Although they get easier and easier to fly if you do not have any R/C experience it is probably a good idea. I hate to up-sell DJI service to anyone, at least until their reputation gets better... but better than a totaled bird.

Reactions: Big Al KY
Previously DJI would allow you to claim software bug and they'd offer you a replacement drone for 30% - 50% off or to replace it. This would end up taking nearly 2 months. I highly suspect that DJI is going to refuse 99% of all claims especially if you don't have the insurance care plan now. Basically they are using no this to deny support requests they used to help with. So I'd get it.

If I was to get insurance I would go with Neary.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

They do not cover flight in unsuitable conditions.... and to me that sounds like an excuse/get out clause.... "it was too windy".... "your location had too many obstacles". I know for a fact they dont cover any water damage..

This is an aircraft, it can fall down go boom. Although they get easier and easier to fly if you do not have any R/C experience it is probably a good idea. I hate to up-sell DJI service to anyone, at least until their reputation gets better... bu

I totally understand:). Many moons ago, I was big into R/C World. I flew gas power Helicopters and raced R/C cars. Back then I had a sponsor and I had a blast.

So thinking about it more now, I will go ahead and get the DJI Care. Thanks for your comments:)

This is an aircraft, it can fall down go boom. Although they get easier and easier to fly if you do not have any R/C experience it is probably a good idea. I hate to up-sell DJI service to anyone, at least until their reputation gets better... but better than a totaled bird.

I got it. I was always a little nervous flying my P3P but I never crashed it. I ran it out per outing. If I fly once per week that would equal $5.75 per outing.

My 2 P3As are covered by State Farm Insurance with a personal article floater which can be used to cover certain items. Initially I was quoted $40/annually but when I actually got the policy it was $60/annually but there is no deductible Also it covers everything, it's called an "all risk" policy, such as crash, flyaway, in the drink, gets run over, you name it. Am covered for my purchase price and had to submit my purchase receipts. My homeowners covers the liability portion of it. But hey, for $60/annually with no deductible and covers both Phantoms.

My 2 P3As are covered by State Farm Insurance with a personal article floater which can be used to cover certain items. Initially I was quoted $40/annually but when I actually got the policy it was $60/annually but there is no deductible Also it covers everything, it's called an "all risk" policy, such as crash, flyaway, in the drink, gets run over, you name it. Am covered for my purchase price and had to submit my purchase receipts. My homeowners covers the liability portion of it. But hey, for $60/annually with no deductible and covers both Phantoms.

Going to call them and do this myself.

Does this cover your Phantom only if flown from your property? What state are you in? I definitely will look into this option as I have State Farm for ALL my insurance and have been very happy with them thus far.

First, let me preface this by saying you can't insure everything with a
personal article floater as it covers only certain items such as gold, silver, jewelry, laptops, drones, cameras, etc. It covers everything except acts of God, and fraud I believe and yes it covers it wherever. I'm going on vacation in a bit and thinking it about taking it to Las Vegas. The example he gave me is if I accidentally drop it and it tumbles down the stairs it is covered. If I'm flying and lose a prop, or the battery dies or smash it into a tree or fly it out and it sinks in the pond, it is covered. I'm in CO and have known my agent for 30 years.

Reactions: launchpad26
I'm with USAA will look into it on Monday and see if it can be covered under cameras. I doubt they will cover it but I have my D750 covered with them and it's only $20 for a $2k camera body per year.

I'm with USAA will look into it on Monday and see if it can be covered under cameras. I doubt they will cover it but I have my D750 covered with them and it's only $20 for a $2k camera body per year.
With State Farm it might be covered under cameras as when I was researching it, before I talked to my agent, it seemed like the person said that State Farm covered it under cameras being it is a flying camera.

Reactions: naamanf
I didn't know that about State Farm. Sounds really great! $60 a year is a small price to pay. I think crashing is not a matter of if, but when.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is some more info in this thread but you have to wade through a bit of garbage. But on page 2 Rotomontade describes the policy that I have.

"Yep. I have the same thing for my P3P and all related accessories including batteries and case. It covers against Accident, Flyaway, Theft. you name it! It is the same State Farm - Personal Articles Policy. Zero deductible and only $62.00 per year. Liability falls under my existing home owners policy.

#28 Rodomontade, Feb 13, 2016"

Here is the thread - Who are you using to insure your DJI?

I will call my insurance agent in the morning and speak to him. If State Farm will do it for 40.00 per yr, I am sure my agent will do it. Thanks for the heads up on this:)

Initially, I contacted my agent about liability. He said I was covered with my homeowner's insurance and it would extend to my umbrella policy. When I asked about crashing it or it flying away he said they had floater policy for that. He initially quoted me $40/year with a $100 deductible for both phantoms. After I sent him all the required documentation it ended up costing me $60/year but with $0 deductible. But he did mention I have room on the policy to add other items for the same price. It is just with these type of policies you have to specifically list the items.

I think insurance is generally a suckers bet when it comes to gambling. Let's face it this is a gamble. DJI has great customer service these days, and anything short of you wreck in it yourself they will fix. If you're super I confident in your abilities then buy it. Otherwise I would say no

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Short timer... Want to thank you for the heads up on State Farm. I'm happy to say they wrote me my policy today and the Phantom 4 and her accessories are now covered. Accidental flyaway, theft, fire, accidental damage, etc.
While State Farm covered all the odds and ends such as batteries, extra props etc, the one thing that would not cover is the IPad. They have a specific disclaimer that says they will not.cover IPads at all. Was the least of my worries.
I'm safe to fly and much cheaper than the extended warranty coverage.

Reactions: shorttimer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers