DJI Care on returned P4

Reaction score
I had to return my P4 to apple after I purchased DJI care. I have an email into them with no response. Does anyone know how I go about changing the serial numbers.

Try calling DJI support during their office hours.

I had to return my P4 to apple after I purchased DJI care. I have an email into them with no response. Does anyone know how I go about changing the serial numbers.
You need to send them an image or fax of your original receipt, you return receipt and your Serial number which on the P4 is only one number, not 2 (and it's in the fuselage so if you don't have it anymore and you haven't had it written down I would RACE to the Apple store in hopes that it's still there because I don't think it's on your receipt and you need it.)

I had it when I registered the first time. You think I need an actual picture? I'm sure apple would help if they could. I have a return receipt from apple but there is no number in it. I just tried calling them.

I had it when I registered the first time. You think I need an actual picture? I'm sure apple would help if they could. I have a return receipt from apple but there is no number in it. I just tried calling them.
Actual picture of what? The receipt? (Especially the return receipt. yes.)

They are hardcore when it comes to returns at DJI and they want an image of, at a minimum the return recipt, just send it to [email protected] and I had one person at DJI say if I wanted to return it I would need to send a picture of both recipts. I just played it safe and sent an image of both (not a fax). My fax machine hasn't worked since 2009. As for the serial, I believe it was on your old box too buy YOU NEED THAT more than anything. It's the thing that will tell it which device (because they will recycle those parts into a new one) so you need to unbind your DJI Care from that serial and unlike the P3 and before it, there were two serials, one for the gimbal and one for the craft, now there is just one for the craft and it's in the fuselage inside the battery compartment. It's the two number stacked on top of each other below the sticker. I would send a pic of that personally but I think they just need that number but am not sure but they need all of these things. Call Apple immediately if you don't have the serial. If you don't have the serial, and Apple already send it out, good luck brother. As for pictures of the receipt. without it, i don't see much success in your future for a return or exchange. Just go to Apple and they will (with a smile on) print any receipt you want. One DJI's company has the same customer service as Apple, then it will be a perfect company. So far they are about 90% on quality of hardware and about 70-75% on service. It's almost like they want to be better but the culture differences are just now working there way out. In China, things aren't returned. It's just not part of their economics.

Thanks for the help. I have a cope of both the receipt and the return receipt. Apple does not have serial numbers associated on the receipts. I have the serial number from when I registered the phantom 4 the first time.When I registered the phantom 4, I received an email confirming the information on the new Phantom 4. It had both the serial number for the bird as well as for the gimbal. Im guessing the only one they care about is the one for the "aircraft"?

Actual picture of what? The receipt? (Especially the return receipt. yes.)

They are hardcore when it comes to returns at DJI and they want an image of, at a minimum the return recipt, just send it to [email protected] and I had one person at DJI say if I wanted to return it I would need to send a picture of both recipts. I just played it safe and sent an image of both (not a fax). My fax machine hasn't worked since 2009. As for the serial, I believe it was on your old box too buy YOU NEED THAT more than anything. It's the thing that will tell it which device (because they will recycle those parts into a new one) so you need to unbind your DJI Care from that serial and unlike the P3 and before it, there were two serials, one for the gimbal and one for the craft, now there is just one for the craft and it's in the fuselage inside the battery compartment. It's the two number stacked on top of each other below the sticker. I would send a pic of that personally but I think they just need that number but am not sure but they need all of these things. Call Apple immediately if you don't have the serial. If you don't have the serial, and Apple already send it out, good luck brother. As for pictures of the receipt. without it, i don't see much success in your future for a return or exchange. Just go to Apple and they will (with a smile on) print any receipt you want. One DJI's company has the same customer service as Apple, then it will be a perfect company. So far they are about 90% on quality of hardware and about 70-75% on service. It's almost like they want to be better but the culture differences are just now working there way out. In China, things aren't returned. It's just not part of their economics.

So you are saying they use returned units to supplement their parts bins for new retail units? I'd think they would refurb them and use as replacements more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So you are saying they use returned units to supplement their parts bins for new retail units? I'd think they would refurb them and use as replacements more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Whichever is cheaper.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks for the help. I have a cope of both the receipt and the return receipt. Apple does not have serial numbers associated on the receipts. I have the serial number from when I registered the phantom 4 the first time.When I registered the phantom 4, I received an email confirming the information on the new Phantom 4. It had both the serial number for the bird as well as for the gimbal. Im guessing the only one they care about is the one for the "aircraft"?
I returned my first P4 to Amazon as it was defective. Quick, easy, no problem, refund quickly credited to my account. Then I ordered the second P4 from DJI. No problem, came fed ex and tracking was easy.
Then I had to have the serial number of the aircraft changed on my DJI Care
Policy. That's when it bogged down. After many emails, in which they asked for a return receipt, I finally convinced them The first one was returned to Amazon, not DJI, and that I had no return receipt, only an email from Amazon that my account had been credited. I told them I would send that email to them if required. Why they would want a return receipt from another dealer was beyond me. Finally, they changed (or bound, as they called it) and finally sent me a copy of the policy, properly registered. This took almost a month. It was if they did not read or understand my emails. Exhausting!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj