DJI Car Charger

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Colorado and I'm going to the West Coast to hang out on the beach & fly my P3P. No motels for a week. My problem starts with the Colorado, the accessory plugs are only hot when I have accessory on or driving. So to eliminate that problem I went to O'Reilly's and got a dual accessory plug and had it wired directly to the truck battery with a 30 amp fuse not knowing that the chargers maximum output is 10 amps so my batteries will not charge. I get a green light on the charger as soon as I hook it up to the DJI battery no red charging light at all. I'm not that good at Electronics but my thinking is that I fried the charger but the fuse in the charger did not blow. I have switched out the 30 amp fuse to a 10 amp and ordered another charger hoping that will solve my problem. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a 2016 Colorado and I'm going to the West Coast to hang out on the beach & fly my P3P. No motels for a week. My problem starts with the Colorado, the accessory plugs are only hot when I have accessory on or driving. So to eliminate that problem I went to O'Reilly's and got a dual accessory plug and had it wired directly to the truck battery with a 30 amp fuse not knowing that the chargers maximum output is 10 amps so my batteries will not charge. I get a green light on the charger as soon as I hook it up to the DJI battery no red charging light at all. I'm not that good at Electronics but my thinking is that I fried the charger but the fuse in the charger did not blow. I have switched out the 30 amp fuse to a 10 amp and ordered another charger hoping that will solve my problem. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app
The 30 amp fuse in line with your direct battery hook-up has nothing to do with DJI charger being able to charge or not. Cigarette socket in my Chevy Silverado is fused with 25 amp and is getting warm with 10 amps drain when charging. Try this socket and see what's happen ...

Actually, the fuse is for what is drawing on it.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

I beg to differ. The fuse is there to protect the circuit (the wire).

Let me put it this way. Plug your toaster, a microwave and a coffee maker into the same 20 amp circuit in your kitchen. Turn them all on and the breaker will pop. It's there to protect the circuit, not your microwave.

It works the same with 12v circuits.

SB

I have the same type. It charges the battery slow so I feel it's a low amperage. I would try this in other vehicle first to ensure the charger is not at fault for some reason. Then I would test your circuit in your truck with a light or something that pulls a little amps. I did have my charger fall apart in the front. I had to locate the small fuse the small pin and screw everything back together. I don't like the design because you can't get it too tight for it will start to split the front but you want it tight enough not to come apart.

On my 2016 Silverado the accessory plug on the dash (down low) operates with key on or off. Only the plug in the arm rest goes off when truck is off.

Just because you have a 30 amp fuse doesn't mean it "pushes" 30 amps to the charger. That's the max amps you can run through that circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20