DJI battery

Reaction score
DJI says out of stock for Phantom 4 batteries. Are they still producing them, and if not, who manufactures a quality aftermarket?

I was just about to post the same question for a Phantom 3. Anyone know of a good aftermarket battery since DJI doesn't produce these (P3 and P4) anymore? I see so many Amazon reviews saying how bad these aftermarkets can be, crashed birds, latest two flights, etc. Thanks in Advance.

I was just about to post the same question for a Phantom 3. Anyone know of a good aftermarket battery since DJI doesn't produce these (P3 and P4) anymore? I see so many Amazon reviews saying how bad these aftermarkets can be, crashed birds, latest two flights, etc. Thanks in Advance.
I have 2 P3P's with a total of 5 batteries. 3 are OEM DJI batteries, 1 is a FlyHi brand and 1 is a Power Extra brand. Both aftermarket batteries have "glitches" but in my experience (so far) are trustworthy to fly with. The FlyHi brand behaves exactly like the DJI batteries (auto discharge actually works) and gives no errors or issues during flight. However, it will hiccup during charging (rarely) and in the middle of a charge it stops with just the 3rd light flashing. Powering it off and back on corrects this.
The Power extra battery does not auto discharge (even though the settings in the app are there). It will also occasionally show a cell broken error. Also after a flight when the battery is hot it will not shut off properly (lights turn off but the Aircraft makes a ticking sound every second until the battery is removed). Once cooled down this issue stops.
All batteries have the same performance and flight time, so the actual LiPo cells are all fine and likely from the same manufacturer, however the battery control boards built in definitely differ from brand to brand. My guess is crashes from after market batteries are attributed to communications between the aircraft and battery and not the cells themselves.
In short, we have no choice now but to buy aftermarket batteries and they can be trusted, but they do have glitches. Test and retest any new battery before trusting it on long flights.

Ask for P4P DJI high power batteries. Same batts fit P4 with longer flight time and still avail. P4 and their batteries discontinued long ago. I have 2 aftermarket that still work well, 1 ExpertPower and another discontinued cuz doesn’t auto discharge (a pain). No glitches with either.

Ask for P4P DJI high power batteries. Same batts fit P4 with longer flight time and still avail. P4 and their batteries discontinued long ago. I have 2 aftermarket that still work well, 1 ExpertPower and another discontinued cuz doesn’t auto discharge (a pain). No glitches with either.
Thanks

Reactions: Capt KO
In fact it makes no difference if the reason for shut off is bad cell or bad communication. In either the drone is smashed.
It is vary big shame for DJI to have such attitude to Phantom owners. It is very bad to play this kind of a roulette with batts. when the bird is in the air.
BAD FOR DJI !

DJI says out of stock for Phantom 4 batteries. Are they still producing them, and if not, who manufactures a quality aftermarket?
They are rare but here in ireland I was able to buy a new dji battery for my phantom 3. 159 euro . I would say used batteries might be an option . How many of us have crashed our drone and left with a spare battery .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.