Dji backpack essentials -need help!

Reaction score
Hello guys i got a dji backpack from my wifey [emoji16]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449471043.129966.jpg
so before i take my P3P in it what are the stuff i need ? Gimbal protector/camera protector ? Any links ? What do you recommend?

Thanks !

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449471543.042647.jpg

Here's how mine is packed. I have the charger on the left and props on the right. Toward the bottom is my card reader and the upper left I have an extra card or two. The upper right spot is holding the extras that came with the phantom. I do have the 3rd party removable prop guard mounts on, and it does fit within the case with very slight "persuasion".

I generally try to keep the gimbal protector on, but do tend to get lazy if I'm not traveling with it. The gimbal protector does fit very easily in the case.

I really like the case, I have flown with it and it fits very well in the overhead bin or even under the seat (one puddle jumper I was on had tiny overhead bins).

Reactions: lankanP3P
So are you guys using dji provided gimbal guard when traveling with the hardshell backpack or some other product ?

Gimbal lock, I see. I was wondering how can one have gimbal guard fitted on their Phantoms and still be able to store them in the DJI hardshell backpack.

Anyway, yes I do fit mine with a gimbal lock when transporting my bird in my (third-party) hardshell backpack. I use Taco RC gimbal lock, which came free when I bought their ND filter sets. It is easier to put on and take off than DJI stock gimbal lock, and it is equally secure.
TACO 3DPOWER Camera Gimbal lock lens cover V2 for DJI Phantom 3

Yes, I was referring to the gimbal lock as well. I don't use a gimbal guard (honestly, I don't understand the need for it), but would think that the foam on the case could be modified to allow the guard to fit.

Thanks for all the replies, also what do you guys think about this ? Will this fit in my dji backpack ? And the build quality ?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449509947.861350.jpg
do you think its worth it to buy this ? Or use the dji provided gimbal lock ?

Last edited:
Not sure about that PolarPro lens cover - since it is square shaped. The Taco lens cover and gimbal lock looks like it would work much better, but I agree that the original is probably the best lock.

There's a bunch of room in that compartment, BUT the lens is nearly touching the front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20