DJI AVL 58 range?

Reaction score
For those using the DJI AVL58 TX and RX ...what kind of range are you getting? Also what is the best (lightest weight wise) way to power the RX velcroed to the back of a monitor. I am going to try using this with my Lilliput 664/w monitor which has a hopeless built in receiver for the AVL58! Thanks!

I get 600 meters plus. I'm sure it would go much farther but I don't go farther than that. You can power the ground rx with a small 3s battery. I use a P1 battery but smaller would work fine.

Is your video rock solid clear? Also could you please recommend a charger for a 3s battery. Thanks!

Bugatti said:
Is your video rock solid clear? Also could you please recommend a charger for a 3s battery. Thanks!

The video is rock solid. I use a helical antenna on the rx for longest range.

If you are just charging a small 3s then get a cheapo balance charger from eBay. I use an iCharger because I charge up to 6s batteries. Look up 3s balance charger. They go from $12 to well over $200. The $12 will work fine for small batteries.

If you make a connector to go from the DC power connection on the monitor to the DC power connection on the RX, the battery on the monitor will power the RX.

Do you mean that I can power the DJI AVL58 RX with a connector from my Lilliput monitor DC IN port to the RX DC IN port using the Lilliput's battery?

Yep, nothing fancy just a small jumper. I haven't tried it much to see now much it reduces the battery life but I wouldn't think it would be that much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik