DJI Assistant 2 is available

Seems you can downgrade using DJI Assistant as well...
assist.JPG

So can you say what the assistant allows you to do other than update firmware and calibration? Can you modify any settings (Max altitude, etc)?

Believe or not I just updated my P4 firmware (for "This Day in History!") - :cool:

Here's how it went:

* Install Assistant 2 app & drivers.
* Connect P4 via USB & power on.
* Took quite a while before the various drivers installed for the hardware
* Sign into your DJI account in Assistant 2 program
* P4 shows once all drivers are loaded. Shows current/available FW.
* Access to Flight Logs & OA alignment function is available here also.
* Downgrade is an option but, like the P2 Assistant, no access to FW file.
* Clicked on the 288 FW for install.
* Took about 8-10 minutes. See below.

There is a progress bar/percentage displayed & the gimbal LED flashes red-green during the update process. Prepare for quite a light show from the arm lights during the update. It appears each ESC is programmed separately one-by-one, FR to RR in a CCW pattern, & the LED for the ESC being programmed flashes various colors during the process. You hear ESC sounds from the rear ESCs as they reboot. Didn't get the sound from the front ESCs. Then it seems to move on to updating various other modules one by one. It would be nice if the Assistant provided more information on exactly what is being updated during the process. Perhaps a top-down graphic of the P4 with the module being updated highlighted during the process?

At 91% the P4 rebooted itself but the software just sat there at 91% & NEVER picked back up. The P4 lights were normal at this point with the gimbal LED flashing rapid green (upgrade success?) so after 20 minutes I disconnected her from the PC, rebooted the aircraft, & reconnected. Still the Assistant remained unresponsive at 91%. At this point I attempted to quit & restart the Assistant. It kept saying "Assistant already running" although it wasn't showing in Task Manager (running Win 7 Pro here) as a program or process. Had to reboot the PC to clear Assistant from memory. Once PC rebooted I connected AC & ran Assistant again. At this point it showed the current FW & I have the new bootup "echo" sound. AC is behaving normally as far as I can tell so I am assuming this was successful.

I am unsure why the Assistant hung after the P4 rebooted? Note it takes quite a bit of time after you connect the P4 before all of the hardware is fully detected & loaded. Please report your own experience with the P4 Assistant 2 update process.

Is this s/w working OK for everyone? I can't seem to get the CA to calibrate, the app won't let me start the calibration steps. The driver for P4 was loaded OK, acknowledging it loaded fine. I even tried rebooting the PC and it still doesn't work. Anyone else got this problem with a PC?

Update, I reloaded the Assisant s/w and USB driver, things went smoother this time, and the digital assistant seems to work now for everything but calibration of the CA. Are others seeing the same problem?
upload_2016-3-17_12-20-28.png

Last edited:
IDK because I never attempted to calibrate the CA sensors. From what I read calibration is only supposed to be required after a crash or severe impact.

Is this s/w working OK for everyone? I can't seem to get the CA to calibrate, the app won't let me start the calibration steps. I'm getting this message below, which I'm sure is the reason calibration can't start. However, the driver for P4 was loaded OK, acknowledging it loaded fine, orginally. I even tried rebooting the PC and it still doesn't work. Anyone else got this problem with a PC?

Update, I reloaded the Assisant s/w and USB driver, things went smoother this time, and the digital assistant seems to work now for everything but calibration of the CA. Are others seeing the same problem?
View attachment 47469

View attachment 47467

Firmware and RC updates went smoothly (using Assistant for FW and Go for RC). Calibrated IMUs and Compass but camera - same problem as above - not going to worry about it.

Firmware and RC updates went smoothly (using Assistant for FW and Go for RC). Calibrated IMUs and Compass but camera - same problem as above - not going to worry about it.
Just to be clear, you tried to calibrate the collision avoidance cameras and the "Start Calibrate" button in Digital Assistant remained dim, inactive when you click it, correct?

Just to be clear, you tried to calibrate the collision avoidance cameras and the "Start Calibrate" button in Digital Assistant remained dim, inactive when you click it, correct?

Yes that's right. Just got back from flying and avoidance worked well. Tried ActiveTrack and TapFly - all good.

Just tried to upgrade using the Mac version.
The software downloaded 100% in the computer but failed to transfer to the Phantom.
It asked for Phantom reboot but did not work.
Any tricks?

Believe or not I just updated my P4 firmware (for "This Day in History!") - :cool:

Here's how it went:

* Install Assistant 2 app & drivers.
* Connect P4 via USB & power on.
* Took quite a while before the various drivers installed for the hardware
* Sign into your DJI account in Assistant 2 program
* P4 shows once all drivers are loaded. Shows current/available FW.
* Access to Flight Logs & OA alignment function is available here also.
* Downgrade is an option but, like the P2 Assistant, no access to FW file.
* Clicked on the 288 FW for install.
* Took about 8-10 minutes. See below.

There is a progress bar/percentage displayed & the gimbal LED flashes red-green during the update process. Prepare for quite a light show from the arm lights during the update. It appears each ESC is programmed separately one-by-one, FR to RR in a CCW pattern, & the LED for the ESC being programmed flashes various colors during the process. You hear ESC sounds from the rear ESCs as they reboot. Didn't get the sound from the front ESCs. Then it seems to move on to updating various other modules one by one. It would be nice if the Assistant provided more information on exactly what is being updated during the process. Perhaps a top-down graphic of the P4 with the module being updated highlighted during the process?

At 91% the P4 rebooted itself but the software just sat there at 91% & NEVER picked back up. The P4 lights were normal at this point with the gimbal LED flashing rapid green (upgrade success?) so after 20 minutes I disconnected her from the PC, rebooted the aircraft, & reconnected. Still the Assistant remained unresponsive at 91%. At this point I attempted to quit & restart the Assistant. It kept saying "Assistant already running" although it wasn't showing in Task Manager (running Win 7 Pro here) as a program or process. Had to reboot the PC to clear Assistant from memory. Once PC rebooted I connected AC & ran Assistant again. At this point it showed the current FW & I have the new bootup "echo" sound. AC is behaving normally as far as I can tell so I am assuming this was successful.

I am unsure why the Assistant hung after the P4 rebooted? Note it takes quite a bit of time after you connect the P4 before all of the hardware is fully detected & loaded. Please report your own experience with the P4 Assistant 2 update process.

I got the same "stall" at 91%. But I shut everything down, rebooted my PC, reconnected, and it showed that I had the latest firmware, appearing that it successfully installed. I clicked REFRESH which reinstalls the firmware in the Assistant, and there were no glitches.

When you're updated, you will definitely know because of the difference in the startup tone. You won't have to guess if the sound is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Bird
I have continued to have the same issue as above when trying to calibrate the cameras. And this is on the MAC.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20