DJI APP/VIDEO CONFUISION

Reaction score
Just sat down to link up the RC to the P3S, all went fine till I got to the video selection. Googled it and sounds like there's some confusion and or problems with the app. Anyone care to hold my hand on this as I've read if you select incorrectly your screwed and can't change it, now I'm on edge.........................:confused::confused: PAL or NTSC ??????

App I have is DJI Go (before Phantom 4)

Thank you

What issue did you read about? I'm guessing just that the Go app might crash if the resolution on the phone is set to high? You can go through everything you need to and just turn it down when you want to use the app. You can turn it down at any time. Nothing is going to be screwed up. I'm not 100% they have not corrected this problem. If they have not, when you launch the app, you will get a pop up window to let you know that the phone resolution is not supported. You can simply change it at that time.

1. The video setup issue when first setting up your RC & Quad stated that if you select the wrong video input (PAL/NTSC) you can't switch back to correct. I know NTSC is right for North America but to make it even scarier...... it also stated that the app is screwed up, selecting PAL gets you NTSC and NTSC get youPAL. Mind you it didn't mention what version of the app it was talking about but the post was dated 2015.

15102512793811155078219.jpg
Just sat down to link up the RC to the P3S, all went fine till I got to the video selection. Googled it and sounds like there's some confusion and or problems with the app. Anyone care to hold my hand on this as I've read if you select incorrectly your screwed and can't change it, now I'm on edge.........................:confused::confused: PAL or NTSC ??????

App I have is DJI Go (before Phantom 4)

Thank you
Hi im on old app,3,1,6 i stil got both settings,if i try record ntsc it wont let me watch
.not surpported,,pal for me,,these still a factory camera reset so i think if wrong choice made it can be changed back,
1510250910015-1903777872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Propster
View attachment 90570
Hi im on old app,3,1,6 i stil got both settings,if i try record ntsc it wont let me watch
.not surpported,,pal for me,,these still a factory camera reset so i think if wrong choice made it can be changed back,View attachment 90569

Thanks for your input. I did some more searching on the web and also found remarks from a guy in the UK that PAL only gives you 720P video, 1080 needs NTSC ? Now I'm even more confused..............;);):D

Thanks for your input. I did some more searching on the web and also found remarks from a guy in the UK that PAL only gives you 720P video, 1080 needs NTSC ? Now I'm even more confused..............;);):D
Sorry not mean to confuse heres couple posts i find on this
15102553128901742755820.jpg
1510255370250-1869806431.jpg
these came up when i ask google what UK uses for recording format,

Sorry not mean to confuse heres couple posts i find on thisView attachment 90571 View attachment 90572these came up when i ask google what UK uses for recording format,

IANZONE, Your not confusing, it's all the crap I'm reading and being a total "NEWBE", I've become somewhat paranoid. I guess I'll work through it eventually (I've got all winter long to get it right ;)). Thanks for the attachments, I'm leaning towards NTSC @ 30 FPS but still not sure about the possible app being screwed up. I'll try to get in touch with DJI Tech Support and see what their take on all this is (if I can get a hold of someone there).
Thank you.

IANZONE, Your not confusing, it's all the crap I'm reading and being a total "NEWBE", I've become somewhat paranoid. I guess I'll work through it eventually (I've got all winter long to get it right ;)). Thanks for the attachments, I'm leaning towards NTSC @ 30 FPS but still not sure about the possible app being screwed up. I'll try to get in touch with DJI Tech Support and see what their take on all this is (if I can get a hold of someone there).
Thank you.
Mayby another uk flyer will hop in and update bit better for you,was quite a old posting and i sure there would be more on this if it was still valid,,if you find out chuck a update out just incase someothers wonder aswell,best of luck and happy flying over there :)

Mayby another uk flyer will hop in and update bit better for you,was quite a old posting and i sure there would be more on this if it was still valid,,if you find out chuck a update out just incase someothers wonder aswell,best of luck and happy flying over there :)

Thank you very much, I'll post up anything I get or hear that makes this issue 100% easy to understand and fool proof.....:)

1. The video setup issue when first setting up your RC & Quad stated that if you select the wrong video input (PAL/NTSC) you can't switch back to correct.
You can change the settings whenever you like.
Nowdays for computer playback, it doesn't matter which you choose, NTSC or PAL.
There is one setting that isn't available with one of them but there's nothing else to be concerned about.

You can change the settings whenever you like.
Nowdays for computer playback, it doesn't matter which you choose, NTSC or PAL.
There is one setting that isn't available with one of them but there's nothing else to be concerned about.

Thank you :)

Update back from DJI on my questions in post #1:
Well I heard back from DJI Tech Support and not surprised to hear nothing concrete. I ask explicit questions and get a generic answer.........:mad::mad::mad:

QUOTE:

RonzC (Support)

Hello, Gary.

I appreciate you contacting DJI Technical Support. I hope all is well with you.

I fully understand that you just wanted to make sure that the app will run smoothly with your Aircraft. As your Technical Support Representative, I am very much willing to assist you with your concern.

As you mentioned, you are a total newbie when it comes to Phantom 3 Standard. Also, you downloaded the DJI Go App for you to familiarize yourself with the app. Correct? To answer all that scares you, with regards to the video settings, it has the video settings that can be changed through the DJI GO App. About the units of measure, yes, it stays metric.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Thank you and have a nice day!
Best Regards,

Ronz
DJI Technical Support
Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)
Online Support: DJI Support - Here for You

Guess I'll just work through it best I can :rolleyes:, it's winter here so plenty of time on my hands to figure it out..:D

Good to see they know what they talking about,ha,i send email and see what i get back,,,yip sent waiting for reply:rolleyes:,they just email me hours,presume that mean monday,i update if contacted

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see they know what they talking about,ha,i send email and see what i get back,,,yip sent waiting for reply:rolleyes:,they just email me hours,presume that mean monday,i update if contacted

Can hardly wait to hear what they tell you...............;)

I maybe wrong but I had read some where that PAL and NTSC have different FPS limits. Glad to hear you got a reply but it seems they (tech support) really never answers the question with facts, just kinda walk around it and say bla-bla-bla. I've come to the point where I'm just gonna have to figure it out on my own. I'll try to make notes as I go in case there's something to share that may help someone else, getting to think maybe I should have researched who has the best tech support before I purchased a drone, as it may have changed the brand I bought.

On a second note, I'm currently working on a slick tablet holder for my Tab Pro 8.4 that'll mount onto my RC and everything will just click together. More info to follow when the rest of the parts arrive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic