DJI App on iOS uses Apple maps, is there a way to change to Google maps?

Reaction score
So I noticed the satellite images and map images of the iOS dji pilot app uses Apple maps which are a bit far behind the Google maps. Is there an option to change this ?

There is no option to use alternate maps.

Apple maps suck to put it politely. The sat images in my area are at least 3 years old. Google Maps has images that were clearly taken within the past few weeks.

I agree I have been burnt more than once by Apple Maps. They need to let Google do maps. To bad they hate Google so much.

I agree as well, I have operated a few after market drone apps for DJI drones and they all use Google earth. Much better clarity!

I agree I have been burnt more than once by Apple Maps. They need to let Google do maps. To bad they hate Google so much.

I don't think is Apple not allowing the use of Google Maps for the pilot App but rather Lazy or unwilling DJI Programmers. I have created apps for IOS using the google map SDK.. Take a look at the visionpilot plus app for example.. They use google maps in the app.

After a recent update I notice that the satellite view of my driveway now shows it un paved despite the fact that I paved it 2 years ago and the view used to show the Pickleball lines on the asphalt.
Something has changed, and not for the better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20