DJI App 3.0.0 latest

Reaction score
Hi I notice with the latest DJI App they are few changes on the screen, like "ready to go instead of ready to fly" plus distance and height readout different..any thoughts?

Reactions: bigblue30us
There are changes to UI but functionally almost all remains the same

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Suhail78
is anyone having any range issues with latest firmware on drone and latest app? I know the standards are having all sorts of issues

Today flew with the new version and the refresh on the screen freezes which is very dangerous in tigh situations. Very dangerous and not usable, the video feed freezes for a few seconds and sometimes the screen refreshes with a green bar at the bottom. I am using a iPad mini 2 with the lastest ios, one interesting note is that the hdmi output is not affected, with goggles the screen does not freeze. Which indicates it is a software issue in the DJI Go app, another set back, I wish I never updated the Go app.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hi Guys,
I have just purchased the Phantom 3 pro, my first drone. I was about to download the DJIGO app onto my iPhone, but then I noticed all the reviews on the app store regarding the issues with the latest version, V3.0.0.

Will I have any issues with this version of the app, because it is the only one available to me on the app store. Is there any way for me to download an older, more stable version?

Thanks in advance.

Today flew with the new version and the refresh on the screen freezes which is very dangerous in tigh situations. Very dangerous and not usable, the video feed freezes for a few seconds and sometimes the screen refreshes with a green bar at the bottom. I am using a iPad mini 2 with the lastest ios, one interesting note is that the hdmi output is not affected, with goggles the screen does not freeze. Which indicates it is a software issue in the DJI Go app, another set back, I wish I never updated the Go app.

We try and point this out all the time how it's best to at least wait a minimum of 10-14 days before doing ANY updates/upgrades. Let others make the mistake for not showing any patience.

Hi Guys,
I have just purchased the Phantom 3 pro, my first drone. I was about to download the DJIGO app onto my iPhone, but then I noticed all the reviews on the app store regarding the issues with the latest version, V3.0.0.

Will I have any issues with this version of the app, because it is the only one available to me on the app store. Is there any way for me to download an older, more stable version?

Thanks in advance.

We need to know what firmware the aircraft has. The copies I have are older then what you need. Btw, I'm guessing you version 1.6 in your aircraft.

The iPad mini 2 is slightly underspecked and is the reason you get video blocking (with green blocking bars). Try to put in a newer device like an iPhone 6 if you have and you will probably not have the issue.
I have an iPad mini 2 which works ok with my P3Standard and DJI GO 2.8.x. With the same iPad on a P3Pro I get the same issues as you because video downlink has higher bitrate.
Also Litchi app seems worse to my video feed than DJI GO.
Maybe DJI GO v 3 requires just that little more juice from the iPad than the mini 2 can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

We need to know what firmware the aircraft has. The copies I have are older then what you need. Btw, I'm guessing you version 1.6 in your aircraft.

Unfortunately, I don't know what firmware it has, because it is only due for delivery later today. I will report back when I can check it.

Is the problem with the firmware on the aircraft, rather than the DJIgo app? Thanks.

As has been suggested it might just be that your device is getting close to minimum spec. I have been told (I have not confirmed it) that older devices are running slower in the latest iOS.

I have the latest GO app on an iPhone 7 and IPad's Air2 and Pro. Works flawlessly on all three. The Air2 is the best to fly with, one is too big and the other too small.

As has been suggested it might just be that your device is getting close to minimum spec. I have been told (I have not confirmed it) that older devices are running slower in the latest iOS.

I have the latest GO app on an iPhone 7 and IPad's Air2 and Pro. Works flawlessly on all three. The Air2 is the best to fly with, one is too big and the other too small.

I bet none of them are too bright. :D

is anyone having any range issues with latest firmware on drone and latest app? I know the standards are having all sorts of issues
Since you mentioned this.
I just took my Phantom and made a test with my iPad Mini 2. I have all the latest updates. That is the latest iOS, DJI GO & firmware.

My test route was the same one as I did a few months ago. I didn't notice any major difference. This time I even flew a little bit further than the last time but sure this wasn't my record distance. My record flight was in the mountains where I flew from one mountain peak to another. And that was 1.74 miles distance. But today I only flew 1 mile away and the max altitude was 984 feet.

This latest dji app has a major problem, I get the message" No Positioning ATTI" when i switch to atti mode. I have a P3S and P3P and it does it on both so it must be the app? So I cannot fly in atti mode ..unbelieveable, is anybody else having this issue?

This sounds normal. The app is warning you you have no auto positioning as you have switched to ATTI mode. Are you saying it won't fly?

No was flying this morning but when i switched to atti mode got that no posiioning atti message...did not think was normal

I don't mind changes if they mean improvements. But the new interface with those huge numbers for speed, distance and elevation really doesn't look appealing to me.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik