DJI Android app ver 1.0.40 fixes fpv video lag and other bug

Reaction score
For those that don't yet know or don't have Android auto app updates, there's is a new version of the DJI app 1.0.40 that fixes various bugs including the most significant which was lag and freezes in the FPV video feed in version .39. I ran a full battery through the Phantom and it worked without a hitch in 640x480 30 fps. No lag and no freezing. I'll run a couple more batteries through the Phantom during the day to further check it but so far so good and others are reporting the same. Now hopefully the iOS version update will be available soon as well.

Re: DJI Android app ver 1.0.40 fixes fpv video lag and other

Ben, I take my hat off to you sir for being brave enough to venture forward as a early DJI app/ firmware adapter!!!!! Brave soul....

Now comes the big question.... What advantage does this new version give its users over what they have with 1.38? Does the wifi battery indicator work? I need to see a advantage to moving forward because I have been stung 3 times so far and only got less user enjoyment from each version. If there is no advantage or improvement to my product I have to say why do it?

JimDE said:
Ben, I take my hat off to you sir for being brave enough to venture forward as a early DJI app/ firmware adapter!!!!! Brave soul....

Now comes the big question.... What advantage does this new version give its users over what they have with 1.38? Does the wifi battery indicator work? I need to see a advantage to moving forward because I have been stung 3 times so far and only got less user enjoyment from each version. If there is no advantage or improvement to my product I have to say why do it?

I don't see any advantage over 1.0.38, to be honest with you. The battery indicator for the extender still does nothing. I suppose it's supposed to be more compatible with 2.0 and 3.0... It sure beats 1.0.39 all to hell, though... :D

-slinger

I installed it again last night and it seemed to work fine. The 640X480 30fps is a difference between that and the old app, looks a little nicer. I didn't have time to delve into any other features (now that I'm down to just 1 battery :cry: :cry: ), but it worked!

jimdenburg said:
I installed it again last night and it seemed to work fine. The 640X480 30fps is a difference between that and the old app, looks a little nicer. I didn't have time to delve into any other features (now that I'm down to just 1 battery :cry: :cry: ), but it worked!

Yeah... You know it was so windy out when I tested 1.0.40 that I didn't keep her up in the air too long, but it really did seem to me that vid @ 640 x 480 @ 30fps was much more fluid than before. It's a real nice day today, and I played hooky from work, so I'll be testing the crap out of it this aft... :)

-slinger

gunslinger said:
jimdenburg said:

Yeah... You know it was so windy out when I tested 1.0.40 that I didn't keep her up in the air too long, but it really did seem to me that vid @ 640 x 480 @ 30fps was much more fluid than before. It's a real nice day today, and I played hooky from work, so I'll be testing the crap out of it this aft... :)

-slinger

Yeah then two "killer features" to me are the 640x480 30fps vs 15fps video feed, it really does make for a noticeable difference which makes for a more fluid enjoyable fpv experience. Second is the telemetry info beyond 1km or 3300 feet distance. Granted unless you've modded your range extender that second feature won't make a difference to you. There's improvement in the radar globe tho to me it still isn't always accurate enough. And other various bug fixes. For me it is a more than worth while upgrade for those two things alone.

Slinger, I love how you're going to be testing the "crap" out of your Phantom. Imagine the look of shock on peoples faces when they get Phantom poo on their heads as you fly over :shock: lol. Now that would be a fun new Phantom feature, a "poo" option.

It was also pretty windy on my test yesterday which was a dual test of the new app and T-Motors tho I will be exchanging them. One of the motors is tight and notchy when you manually turn it vs the other 3 which would translate into reduced performnce. I couldn't resist giving them a whirl anyway as I won't be flying again till I get a replacement set.

I'll tell you one thing that is nice to have on the latest update. Tap the gyro in the app and it stays on allowing hands free operation of the camera tilt just by tilting the rx back and forth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Old Gazer said:
I'll tell you one thing that is nice to have on the latest update. Tap the gyro in the app and it stays on allowing hands free operation of the camera tilt just by tilting the rx back and forth.

With all the 1.0.39 problems I totally forgot about that... Good call... :)

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Old Gazer said:

With all the 1.0.39 problems I totally forgot about that... Good call... :)

-slinger

Good but not good flying looong range with your directional attached to your controller. Moving the control up or down to move the tilt could easily make you loose WiFi reception when passing the 1km mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj