DJI’s Business?

Reaction score
When I started to do a system check prior to heading out to fly I got this notice:

IMG_1293.jpg

So now unless I give in I can’t use the DJI Go4 app.
Anyone else has had to deal with this?
What business is it of theirs?

This is for updating the NFZ maps to prevent flying in restricted area's and/or airspace.

Reactions: SeanMulkerrin
If you are really worried about a Chinese company having access to your GPS locations then you should likely not fly these things. DJI has and will continue to ask about 'sensitive' information such as this to balance their perceived risk for creating aircraft that can fly around and do all manner of perceived evil things.

I don't think that DJI is particularly evil. Nor do I think they consider your personal interests to be high on the decision tree. They have to strike a fine balance between creating devices that people will buy and creating devices that the US Government will continue to let fly.

Your location, IMHO, seems reasonable to me. That is a value judgement and if you're on the other side of the fence (so to speak), consider flying some other drone that isn't so chatty.

I can also see why the US Military won't let people use stock DJI UAVs - the potential for actionable intelligence is there (if weakly). The Army can hire enough tech support to create their own UAVs - not worried about that. But for your average American who is 1) Not planning on overthrowing any particular government and / or taking over the world 2) Not planning on using the UAV to haul contraband or spy on some piece of critical infrastructure like the bridge your car cam photographs every day and 3) Does not walk around in a portable Faraday cage, this is pretty much an non issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4