DJ Phantom 1 with FY-G3

Reaction score
Ok, let's try this...

Does ANYONE have this gimbal working well with the DJ1 Phantom? I can't find ANYONE who seems to have it working properly. One person has modded how it's attached to the quad copter and it's kind of working but....

I bought this after seeing so many glowing reviews of people who showed it attached to their Phantom. However, I cannot get it to work properly and, as I mentioned, I can't find anyone who has.

Curious to know if there is anyone out there who has this configuration working.

Ok, I spoke with the folks I bought mine from--GotHeliRC--the guy was very helpful. He flies this exact configuration. He has it mounted as it looks in the instructions and has NOT moved the compass. He said he had to bump the gain down a little (about 10%) and he's pretty sure he bumped the altitude gain UP a little bit.

This all makes sense since we're adding a bunch of weight hanging low on the craft and it moves. So we've got a pendulum which is moving in all directions. So, as soon as I get a chance, I'm going to change my gain settings and see how it flies.

He also said he's sold hundreds of these and this is the first he's heard of this issue. So I'm hopeful changing the gain settings will work. I'm just a bit surprised/annoyed there is no mention of this anywhere.

Just tried the suggestion of increasing the vertical gain by 10% and it made a huge difference for me. The Phantom could actually hold it's altitude relatively well. (I had to bump it a couple times, but it behaved similar to before I added the gimbal.)

I didn't mess with any other settings, yet.

hwrd said:
Just tried the suggestion of increasing the vertical gain by 10% and it made a huge difference for me. The Phantom could actually hold it's altitude relatively well. (I had to bump it a couple times, but it behaved similar to before I added the gimbal.)

I didn't mess with any other settings, yet.
Awesome! Between rain and wind, I've not been able to try mine yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.