DIY windsurfers

Reaction score
I had a head cold last week and the wife picked up some Vicks tissue. When I went to throw away the box I noticed it's foil lined. So one thing led to another....
ceca470f3577344f45a5631287e5fbff.jpg
b91803fd5b5baabdfb1a0ae958022251.jpg
78f36fd03c8cee9a1dcb396152ed7e32.jpg

I made this one in about ten minutes just to see how it would fit. Gotta make one more then I'll test them to see if the work.... got my eye on the next empty box for a better set if these work.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That's a great bit of 'Re-cycling', I really can't wait to catch a cold and see if they're better than my cheapo bought ones!:D

No, really well done. Things to do when your under the weather. Maybe you could call them 'Vicks Digital Enhancers'? Seems almost everything these days has to have digital in its title:D.

That's brightened up my Monday morning.;)

Reactions: harleydg
I already bought a set of tozo windsurfers but I always thought the shape the container of these chips would be perfect (not an endorsement lol). It's not perfectly round but more of a parabolic shape.
abfd39ca2c968c2d666d6ea1d753ea5f.jpg

This is something the wifey buys. I was thinking. They see tissues for your cold or a nice snack for you, we see RANGE BOOSTER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
In order to reflect the parallel incoming signal to focus on the center antenna you need a parabole, the better the parobole the better the signal to antenna. My recomendation is to spend under 20 bucks and get a real range extender. IMO

Reactions: dparkins
In order to reflect the parallel incoming signal to focus on the center antenna you need a parabole, the better the parobole the better the signal to antenna. My recomendation is to spend under 20 bucks and get a real range extender. IMO

It's just for fun... it took ten minutes each and some trash, so I'm not out anything. I'm confident in my ability to make a toy antenna well enough to convince myself they work well enough to spend money on a mass produced one. I've built everything from guns to Jeeps, all from the ground up. Can't help it I'm a tinkerer.... don't think I own much that's not modified.....Lol

It's just for fun... it took ten minutes each and some trash, so I'm not out anything. I'm confident in my ability to make a toy antenna well enough to convince myself they work well enough to spend money on a mass produced one. I've built everything from guns to Jeeps, all from the ground up. Can't help it I'm a tinkerer.... don't think I own much that's not modified.....Lol

I can understand liking to build things, I do too! Actually of all the homemade winsurfers I have seen you made the best one so far.:)

Reactions: drone'n KY
I already bought a set of tozo windsurfers but I always thought the shape the container of these chips would be perfect (not an endorsement lol). It's not perfectly round but more of a parabolic shape.
abfd39ca2c968c2d666d6ea1d753ea5f.jpg

This is something the wifey buys. I was thinking. They see tissues for your cold or a nice snack for you, we see RANGE BOOSTER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It does have a nice shape...

Hi I was wondering if you know the answer I was flying my drone it never returned back to me on auto home..do u know why this happened...

I'm confident in my ability to make a toy antenna well enough to convince myself they work well enough to spend money on a mass produced one.
OK, so the truth comes out..... You don't believe us when we say Windsurfers work. You have to convince yourself by simulating it first to justify spending $15 for the real thing. My my. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi I was wondering if you know the answer I was flying my drone it never returned back to me on auto home..do u know why this happened...

You should start a new thread, that way you'll get responses to your concern.

Also state the conditions of the lost quad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so the truth comes out..... You don't believe us when we say Windsurfers work. You have to convince yourself by simulating it first to justify spending $15 for the real thing. My my. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Over $2000 in my drone, batteries and accessories..... Your right it's about the $15.... And I'll probably buy the $30+ set. The $15 look cheap...

Over $2000 in my drone, batteries and accessories..... Your right it's about the $15.... And I'll probably buy the $30+ set. The $15 look cheap...
Get the folding type, they keep the antennas straight when flying and store easy in backpacks.

BTG Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Pro Advanced Standard Phantom 4 & Inspire 1 Controller Signal Extender White (2pcs) Amazon.com: BTG Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Pro Advanced Standard Phantom 4 & Inspire 1 Controller Signal Extender White (2pcs): Toys & Games

Reactions: drone'n KY
Made it out over 13,000' today with the homemade ones.....
8f2beaea2f6ba623ece4263d911d8296.jpg
9679d53a55998e893e6f37676064a43a.jpg

And yes I know the altitude police are their way to my house I went up to 700' for a minute towards the end....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4