DIY Tablet Mount!

Reaction score
I like to make things myself and I also love to save money where I can. So I was searching for a DIY tablet mount that I could use to mount the new tablet I bought on my controller.

I found where someone made one to use with a GoPro tripod mount. It looks like it will work perfectly and only takes a little time to make. Cost is also very low and it looks very good, almost factory made.

I'm going to make myself one and thought I'd post it here for others in case they too wanted to make their own and save a few dollars.

This could also be easily used too make cell phone holders for a motorcycle or bicycle as well.

iPad Tripod Mount

Share the pictures when you are done

I took the time today to make the mount. I now have a well mounted 10.1" tablet on my controller. It will make it much easier to change settings as well as seeing what the camera on the drone sees. It turned out great and other than taking a little time too make wasn't hard at all.

It looks great and is a lot more stable than what I was using. I haven't used the controller with the new mount yet but will give my thoughts when I do. I'll also get a couple pictures of the mounting system and holder in the next day or two.

I woke up this morning thinking about the mount I made and the size/weight of the mount and the tablet. While the mount on the controller is rock solid and there isn't any wobble, I think that over time the op of the controller may get stressed where I installed the GoPro type mount. So, today I'm going to make a piece with hole to epoxy onto the front of the tablet mount so that I can use my lanyard on it. I will then carry most of the weight of the tablet/mount on the lanyard rather than on the controller.

At least that's in theory.......... I'll see how it works and let you all know.

I like to make things myself and I also love to save money where I can. So I was searching for a DIY tablet mount that I could use to mount the new tablet I bought on my controller.

I found where someone made one to use with a GoPro tripod mount. It looks like it will work perfectly and only takes a little time to make. Cost is also very low and it looks very good, almost factory made.

I'm going to make myself one and thought I'd post it here for others in case they too wanted to make their own and save a few dollars.

This could also be easily used too make cell phone holders for a motorcycle or bicycle as well.

iPad Tripod Mount

This is really nice. The best part was waiting for the wife to leave. :) I now have to make one myself!

I actually made mine while the wife was home and in the dining room. She asked what I was cooking and I told her what I was doing. She said what about the smell it will cause. I asked her, "What do you smell?" her answer "Nothing" I said, "Then what about what smell?" It doesn't cause any smell at all.

I set the oven at 250 to do mine which worked better for me. My cookie sheet wasn't quite wide enough so as the plastic got soft I flattened it into the sheet as much as possible and once it was malleable I took it out and laid it on the covered stove top and pushed it flat until it cooled. It worked very well and isn't so hot you can't touch it.

I installed the eye for the lanyard/harness on the tablet mount this morning and used washers at the hole so the lanyard can't wear the PVC when used.

I'm looking forward to giving this one a try now that I have it finished

Attachments

• DSC03185.JPG
    DSC03185.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC03186.JPG
    DSC03186.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC03187.JPG
    DSC03187.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 473
Yep, I saw them being used and then made my own mount for my 10.1" tablet. It all works great and makes removal for storage of the tablet very easy.

And your right, it is very sturdy!

I then added a lanyard eyelet to the tablet mount I made so that I could carry the weight of the tablet and mount without it making the remote heavy to handle while flying. It should work out very well.

With weather and work I haven't had time to use the new mount yet but hopefully soon. The next thing I want to do is incorporate a sun shield for it.

I'll post up as soon as I get it figured out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie