Diy P3P battery charger box

Reaction score
I saw rapid charger box and it was very expensive ,so I plan to DIY my battery charger box for six batts with 2 dji 100w 5.7 amp adapter,2 parallel charger with 3 batt each , cooling fan, 3 usb hub for tablet n phone in one tool box.

View attachment 24962

Will truely appreciate for one who can give advise how to use 12 v input for programable charger like Icharger 250i to discharge this battery to 8% ,thanks

I think it is not a good idea. Charger is getting really hot even charging one battery, so three batteries will probably be too much. IMHO.

Reactions: acherman
Will truely appreciate for one who can give advise how to use 12 v input for programable charger like Icharger 250i to discharge this battery to 8% ,thanks

You need to discharge it to 8% only once in 25 cycles. You do not need to do it every time. Discharge it to 50%-60%

Thanks and I did 8% discharge in 20 cycle as dji instruction ,however I also try to discharge them with PB program in ICharger but no luck.
In dji manual advise 8% discharge with 2 ways,
Slow/one fly to 20% then use the Dji app to drain it down to8%.
Quick,fly till the motor stopped.
I try to find another easier solution to discharge the Batt.
Will love to hear great ideas here.Thanks

Instead of trying to use only two stock dji chargers to try and charge 6 batterys at a time which would be slow as heck. Why not just use a good 30 amp power supply which would let you charge from 1 to 6 battery in the about the same amount of time as it would to charge just one with the stock power supply????? some thing like this but in 600 watts instead of 500w ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/500W-18V-28...531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9d2b0223

I have one that I use for my p2 batterys but in 12v instead of 18 and it blows away the stock power supply and it not only lets me set the out put voltage to be better then the stock charger as well as letting me charge all my battery's at the same time and the same speed as a single. Its also got a fan in it and stays cool.

Thanks for yours advise.Will get the switching power supply.18 volt /30 amp /500 watt.Truely appreciate for the info.
I search for them before but most of them available at 15 volt or 24 volt and it did not match the p3p current.18 volt will be closer.

I use a 3 battery charging strip that I got and it works great, has a charge rate button for DJI 100 watt power supply or switch to after market power supply up to 300 watt. Mine will charge all 3 batteries from 20% to 100% in about 2 hours, without the PS getting any hotter than it does with one battery. This strip has LED read outs that give voltage and wattage status and balances the load of each battery to ensure they don't pull to much current. I was thinking of wiring my OEM 57 watt charger in parallel to boost available current and get an even faster charge and take some of the load off of the 100 watt PS.

Last edited:
I use a 3 battery charging strip that I got and it works great, has a charge rate button for DHI 100 watt power supply or switch to after market power supply up to 300 watt. Mine will charge all 3 batteries from 20% to 100% in about 2 hours, without the PS getting any hotter than it does with one battery. This strip has LED read outs that give voltage and wattage status and balances the load of each battery to ensure they don't pull to much current. I was thinking of wiring my OEM 57 watt charger in parallel to boost available current and get an even faster charge and take some of the load off of the 100 watt PS.
could you post a picture of the strip and a link to purchase it.
Thanks!

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks for yours comment and info .I used the same OEM DJI charger strip for 3 batt. I want to get Hobby king power supply 540watt 13.8-18 volt 30 amp for dual strip charging for 5 to 6 batt at the same time at 18 volt .Would it be possible to charge them in two hours?

Thanks for yours comment and info .I used the same OEM DJI charger strip for 3 batt. I want to get Hobby king power supply 540watt 13.8-18 volt 30 amp for dual strip charging for 5 to 6 batt at the same time at 18 volt .Would it be possible to charge them in two hours?
Should be possible, 540 watts would supply enough power to both strips for 3 batteries each, not sure about the 2 hours. I flew yesterday and all three were between 20-25% and it took 2hr 15 min to top all 3 off, much faster than charging them sequentially.

Wow , 2 hrs for 3 batt , that sound promising.Thanks for the reply.I will have my 540 watt power supply tomorrow and will test 5 batt with the power source and report the result soon.Thanks again.

Should be possible, 540 watts would supply enough power to both strips for 3 batteries each, not sure about the 2 hours. I flew yesterday and all three were between 20-25% and it took 2hr 15 min to top all 3 off, much faster than charging them sequentially.

I will tell you next week. I bought 2 of that product to experiment. My power supply can surge enough power...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437288833.724548.jpg

Thanks for yours advise and willing to test 2 strip batt with yours massive power supply .Looking forward to hear the result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.