diversity patch antenna

Reaction score
First post for me. I have a P2 with H4-3D and I want to add an FPV kit. All this is brand new to me and I've been doing research for the last 3 days. I still have not un-boxed my P2 yet.

I've seen patch antennas for long distance, but I have not seen a diversity patch antenna (for short and long distance). Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant5170r.pdf

You would need a couple RP-TNC to SMA adapter to connect to your FPV monitor. These cost $399 new from Cisco (list price) but you can get used ones on ebay for $20-25. Used ones should work just as good because these things are typically rock solid since they are made for outdoor use. We have these at work for wifi.

What do you guys think? I'm going to borrow one from work and give it a try. If it works well, I'll get a used one off ebay.

took a quick look.... it weighs 200 grams!!!! WOW that is an awful lot just for an antenna!

I would investigate other types of antennas before I used this one!

Yep, a little heavy to be attached to your FPV monitor that's mounted on your controller.

Maybe for a separate ground station it might work fine though - depends on its performance.

The FPV kit that I have installed on my Phantom 2 comprises of immersion rc 600 mw video transmitter, Black Pearl video monitor receiver, FPVLR premium combo antenna and know how to install these on the Phantom 2. Youtube has tons of videos on how to install them.

Well electronics has been my hobby and profession for about 50 years, so this should not be a problem.
Thanks for the info!

First post for me. I have a P2 with H4-3D and I want to add an FPV kit. All this is brand new to me and I've been doing research for the last 3 days. I still have not un-boxed my P2 yet.

I've seen patch antennas for long distance, but I have not seen a diversity patch antenna (for short and long distance). Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant5170r.pdf

You would need a couple RP-TNC to SMA adapter to connect to your FPV monitor. These cost $399 new from Cisco (list price) but you can get used ones on ebay for $20-25. Used ones should work just as good because these things are typically rock solid since they are made for outdoor use. We have these at work for wifi.

What do you guys think? I'm going to borrow one from work and give it a try. If it works well, I'll get a used one off ebay.
Hey Reflection just seen your thread here on the Cisco. I've been working on one for my Phantom 3 Adv. I pulled it a part and was redoing some on the patch squares inside. I shoot some pictures to Dirt Bum last year he said it look over engineered. What would you except from Cisco. I pulled the 2 cables off and put on some smaller lighter ones. but I think I'm going to drill a hole in the back and put a sma adapter on it.
First long flight with it
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

img_20170228_133616107-1-jpg.77474

Attachments

• IMG_20170228_133616107[1].jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 592

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members