Ditching the vision plus

Reaction score
Most likley ditching the vision plus. But, is the Phantom 2 with HD-3d and go pro really a better option? What are the issues I might need to consider with that configuration?

it's a bit "different" and many argue it's "more complicated" and it's certainly more expensive, but you've got the potential for a much more powerful FPV system and WAY better videos.
"overall better" is an opinion in this case... but there's no question that the GoPro Hero3+ Black is a vastly superior camera.

If you can't handle the expenses and don't like or want to do the tinkering yourself, then a Vision is "better" because it's easier.

If you want way better videos and more powerful FPV and don't mind the cost, tinkering and installing some things yourself then the Gimbal/GoPro is better. The good news about the tinkering is that there is now a no-solder, plug-and-play cable for the most popular transmitter so you don't even have to splice cables anymore. In my opinion you can go from a brand new out-of-the-box Phantom 2 with H3-3D to a fully installed extremely powerful system in 2 hours or less. assuming you have all the parts on hand of course

I switched from the Vision to the non-Vision for the reasons you state.

I decided against the Vision+ For the following reasons:
1) Many Reports of gimble and camera needlessly breaking due to poor flimsy design.
2) Cannot easily change to a Hero3 setup or 3D gimble due to the weird 5.8 Ghz transmitter (vs 2.4 on the P2)
3) Dji's lack of support once your gimble or vision+ camera breaks (vs the much more impact resistant Hero3 camera).
4) Price, why spend so much when I can get the Phantom 2 for $600 and mount my Hero camera right in off the bad and upgrade in stages to a superior platform?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic