Distance, total. Over 2M ft club

Reaction score
Ok guys, I know some have much more then me, I haven't seen this type of post, in overall distance, if there is, I apologize and delete it or I will.

Here's my 2,000,000' proof. About 1.5 done on the latest P4, this is all done In less then 3 months!
Let's see the crazy 5m and 10M foot distances!
cf8a6037fe0db40c675ff0e28bf129d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No one? 35 looks and nobody over 2 million ft? Cmon you guys are out there, I know you are!

Hopefully I can make it there and beyond. Currently, I'm at 1,112,884' after 73 flights.

Sims597, any maintenance so far for that amount of time and distance? I'm still using same original 4 props, original battery plus an extra.

Reactions: Sim597
I'm almost at 200k [emoji51]

Ha. Me too. I'm at like 275. I'd be a lot more but I forgot to transfer a bunch from an old phone but I forget half the time to sync.

Is there a benefit?

I just passed the 4,000,000 ft mark (approx 800 miles) between a P3P and Inspire 1

Last edited:
Hopefully I can make it there and beyond. Currently, I'm at 1,112,884' after 73 flights.

Sims597, any maintenance so far for that amount of time and distance? I'm still using same original 4 props, original battery plus an extra.

Should we consider total distance + flight like mileage for a car?

I hope not.. [emoji23]

You know, that's a good question, just because I reached another arbitrary milestone (2.1m ft now) I did think it was a good time to really go over the bird.
First that's one thing about us that really clean our birds vs those that don't. (and they're out there trust me I've spoken to them) So in cleaning we can catch a break if we do notice something. I check my battery temp after every flight through the app. I also once in a while because I keep a temp gun handy, is check the motors, not so much for how hot they are or get, but that they're all close to the same temperature. And the spinning of the props, but let's be honest, the real killer will be an ESC or motor puking out in the air, even 20' up and locking up can be fatal.
I also slightly checked my screws about 1/2 a million feet ago, that's scary because to be honest, I think it's easier to accidentally over tighten them which leads to cracks too.
My answer is same props, oh, but first the bird I have now doesn't have to whole amount, I had a P3P for about a month, but only put about 50,000ft on it (was scary and new so stayed close to home) then a P4 upgrade which I put about 400,000ft on. So this bird has about 1.6m ft, which still ain't bad.

I gave a guy a compliment on his H on YouTube, but mentioned how it almost crashed. (Not shitty either) and the punk comes back with all this BS, so I replied back that, good luck ever getting 2 million ft on that AC (ill get there with this one! Lol) especially with his 1 mile range! I also pointed out how bad the video looks compared to the P4 (wow, take a look for yourselves, the P4 image much sharper and cleaner, easily visible, not like only a pro can see it) even his video, where it would have crashed if a tree would have been there, it was chasing a motorcycle and went on other side of road by itself, gimbal went nuts twice, anyway, the reason I mention this, is these things are pretty tough, I've gotten over the TiHo (tilt horizon) with just always adjusting the gimbal when I shoot, sometimes it good and not needed, but if it is, eh, screw it. I'd love to see how long it take them to get to real benchmarks with the ranges their getting, on the forum a guy was boasting with his DBS mod he was getting the 1.5km promised. Of course this is real world areas so believable to me, with real time batteries of about 18 minutes, my high average is 24 medium 22, about 25% less for an H then a four.
We'll see how the maintenance on those H's go, and some time next year guys should be getting 1m ft.

I have 600+ hours on a BLDC motor in a CP-Heli. The only thing that wears in/on them is the bearings so there's little chance a motor will fail. Your temp gun is the best way to monitor motors since heat should be higher with increased friction if you don't notice any sound(s) first.

I forgot to sync or save my data so I figure I'm about 1.4 m. I live out in the country so 25k to 35k plus feet flights are common. My present set of records show my longest flight was 43k feet with 16% bat. Love this bird.

So after checking, I'm at 2,000,000ft with the one bird, total of over 2.2M but did not put as much distance on those first two due to signal limitations, so one thing is clear, my antenna work well, and the amp on one side helped for FC, but this should help for receiving American made Amp, uses DC Injector to carry power to the amp which is discrete and "silent" they call it, to the actual amp that goes up near antenna.

29556cc6765ecccb2259fc63507095db.jpg

I forgot to sync or save my data so I figure I'm about 1.4 m. I live out in the country so 25k to 35k plus feet flights are common. My present set of records show my longest flight was 43k feet with 16% bat. Love this bird.

So, I've gotten back, with 6 and 4% battery. Now to be fair, when in approach from instrument landing, it was likely 11% if I remember.
I've had the stupid autoland kick in at the worst of times, I'm actually getting proficient enough where I am aware and conscience of it kicking in, that's how often at 10% it's dropped on me while fighting wind, and I can't see my landing craft, it's all instrument only , anyway, how the hell do you guys get 5 miles ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31