distance n/A + lost of GPS Status

Reaction score
got today the following Problem with my Vision+

I powered the Vision and the app up normal and everything looked allright. The only thing false was the distance shown in the app - it startet with around 1000 meters and then goes up with every meter around 10 Meters - after a few meters of flight it changes to N/a - the Video was shown without any interuption. When i was away around 100 meters i saw that the gps Signal indicator has turned Grey (there were 11 sats shown). so i come back and the gps Signal changed to blue when i was around 10 meters away from the start Point.

Does anyone has an idea what this all means? - I used a android asus Memo pad as Display.

Tom

Nepalfan said:
got today the following Problem with my Vision+

I powered the Vision and the app up normal and everything looked allright. The only thing false was the distance shown in the app - it startet with around 1000 meters and then goes up with every meter around 10 Meters - after a few meters of flight it changes to N/a - the Video was shown without any interuption. When i was away around 100 meters i saw that the gps Signal indicator has turned Grey (there were 11 sats shown). so i come back and the gps Signal changed to blue when i was around 10 meters away from the start Point.

Does anyone has an idea what this all means? - I used a android asus Memo pad as Display.

Tom

Most likely its the android version of the DJI Software causing the issue

maybe - i used the app on a android Smartphone, ipad and the tab. got this type of error the first time.

The most important Thing for me is if the coming home funtion would work in this case or not - GPS Status Grey with 11 Satellites seems to be a bit dangerous ....

Tom,
What version of the android app are you running? If it is 1.0.40 try going back to 1.0.39. My first suspicion is your comms between the phantom and extender back to the app is bad or corrupted. You should never have 11 SATs and grey. Should be blue >= 6. And your distance is all wrong as you know. Try 1.0.39 if u haven't already.

BlackTracer said:
Tom,
What version of the android app are you running? If it is 1.0.40 try going back to 1.0.39. My first suspicion is your comms between the phantom and extender back to the app is bad or corrupted. You should never have 11 SATs and grey. Should be blue >= 6. And your distance is all wrong as you know. Try 1.0.39 if u haven't already.

yes - i use the 1.0.40 - if the Troubles stays the same i will try your advise and go back to 1.0.39.

tested it today again with the tablet - same problem.

When i changed to ipad the problem was away - so the problem must really concern to the android app.

tested the downgrade - the downgrade itself works but the problem isn´t solved. the same curious distance again.

binded my Android smartphone with 1.0.40 on it - there no troubles.

when i am already in testing i will try next my 4 year old Samsung tab with androit 2.xx - would be funny if it works with this without troubles :). but battery of it is empty - more results in 10 Minutes ^^

Update: the app can´t be installed on Android 2.xxx - so i must fly with the to large ipad or the to small smartphone.. crap.... :evil:

Update:

It seems so that the problem has its cause it the Android Version 4.2.2.

Does anybody have the same troubles with another version of android?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20