Distance Limit - Can it be changed

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
This is probably going to be a really quick answer and im happy for it to be either way but just after some clarity.

Can the limit be overridden in GPS move (s1 in A position)

Reason why i ask is as im in AU we are bound by CE. Which i beleive (and please correct me if im wrong) is max distance (not altitude) of 500m.

Can i cross that 500m boundry and continue to fly on the assumption that i have strong signal strength etc.

Reason for my asking is my latest video i flew to ~430mtrs and on the iphone i saw the "green ring" of the boundry. Now i didnt need to go further (nor have i tested) so i just went about my way and continued to film and fly. I have purchased (as you may have seen in the antenna upgrade thread) the Phantom 3 Standard Mod from DBS and the primary function of this is to have a stronger signal rather than increased flight distance - but so the saying goes..........when in rome.

Dave, most of the third party apps have removed the distance limits, or at least in those you can set them yourself. Depends or where you are using IOS or Android OS as to which app you will want to look at. Check out www.flylitchi.com for Android.

IOS ..Mini 2 Go app.
6665'.PNG

Guess I got lucky, my mini iPad worked like that since day one. Seems to work great on iOS 9.0.2.

My friend is using a android, but doesn't have the map in the corner?

Guess I got lucky, my mini iPad worked like that since day one. Seems to work great on iOS 9.0.2.

My friend is using a android, but doesn't have the map in the corner?
Don't know about those but maybe he has it off ???? Don't know
I have not had any issue with 9.0.2 and new updated Go app yet but before I made sure I had all those settings like in that link I wasn't getting half that .

sorry guys couldnt find the app :( any links or names for it :)

i have an iphone that im flying with (hence the p3standard) thanks :D

sorry guys couldnt find the app :( any links or names for it :)

i have an iphone that im flying with (hence the p3standard) thanks :D
App store...DJI Go

thanks that is what i fly with now but doesnt it have a limit of 500mtrs?
That's what it shows in the app but you see how far I have went with it set there . 2,031.8 meters
I still haven't got a grip on this app as it's new to me also .

That's what it shows in the app but you see how far I have went with it set there . 2,031.8 meters
I still haven't got a grip on this app as it's new to me also .
hmmm interesting ok thanks
well once my DBSMod comes in and its done, i will give it a go to go further than 500mtrs... but it does say in the app that its the limit :) so i guess we will just see

ta

hmmm interesting ok thanks
well once my DBSMod comes in and its done, i will give it a go to go further than 500mtrs... but it does say in the app that its the limit :) so i guess we will just see

ta
See Image-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tavorh
If it says in the app that limit has been reached then it's setup in the go app.
By default distance is not limited, only height.

Same on my P3S AND P3A.

You can just turn "off" the distance limit, then your just limited via the range of the TX which here in the UK seems to be 800mm still further than the 500m limit eh! :) We did try this on the "3S" just the once to see if its possible and it is ! ... it uses stock antenna!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr