Distance Indication in DJI Mobile App - Odd Behavior

Reaction score
When I get ready to fly the P2V+ (NAZA Mode) - Wifi On - GPS Lock - Mobile app running on Android - the bottom of the live video display shows a "Distance:" indication (next to the "Altitude:" indicator). First - my assumption this was horizontal distance from the home point. Before flying - if I do a set home point (flick S2 up-down five times and wait for the rapid green flash) - the distance indication seems to drift terribly - sometimes up to 300 ft without even firing up the motors and flying. Granted - this was Android - so I tried the same thing on my iPad and I still get the drifting distance indication - although not as pronounced - only 5-10 feet - again without even moving the bird. Nothing seems wrong with the bird in flight - flies fine in Home Lock and Course Lock IOC - just the goofy distance indication in the app. Could be a bug in the app? Anybody else see/replicate this?

DBS said:
Weird... mine is always solid... and your Phantom flies normally and will hover in one spot? Does the distance indicator show the same behaviors when the phantom is just hovering and holding position?

All flies normally - and if I do not to the home lock set (S2 flick 5 times) - I do not see any drift - but during flight the distance indicator is very inaccurate - RTH works fine, IOC Home Lock, IOC Course Lock works great. Really odd.

You mention setting home. Is it not doing it on its own or are you just doing it again to make sure?

Normally no reason. Just watch for the rapid green flash after start and you are good to go. I only flick lock it to reset home or if I missed it and can't see phone because of glare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20