Disney's abandoned water park captured by...drone, wait what?

Reaction score
I was reading this Popular Mechanics article about a guy named Seph Lawless who posted pictures about this abandoned Disney water park at Bay Lake, FL. The article claims that Seph entered the property legally (though Disney is not thrilled) and that he had captured some shots by "drone".

I thought the TFR over Disney covers the entire park. If this abandoned water park is in Bay Lake, that means it is right across from Magic Kingdom. An area where I would definitely think the TFR covers.

If so, did this guy broke the law the moment his UAV left the ground?

URL: 16 Haunting Photos of Disney's Abandoned Water Park

Reactions: clackey and jamie75
I think you're correct, Southern Bay lake puts him about a mile from Mickey's House. lol
Maybe he had a waiver, but it doesn't sound like it.

Either way, those pictures are amazing! This is why there's going to be more NFZs popping up, to keep dirty secrets like that from the public. But good for him to find such amazing shots

Either way, those pictures are amazing! This is why there's going to be more NFZs popping up, to keep dirty secrets like that from the public. But good for him to find such amazing shots

Please tell us what the D L Secret is?

I was reading this Popular Mechanics article about a guy named Seph Lawless who posted pictures about this abandoned Disney water park at Bay Lake, FL. The article claims that Seph entered the property legally (though Disney is not thrilled) and that he had captured some shots by "drone".

I thought the TFR over Disney covers the entire park. If this abandoned water park is in Bay Lake, that means it is right across from Magic Kingdom. An area where I would definitely think the TFR covers.

If so, did this guy broke the law the moment his UAV left the ground?

URL: 16 Haunting Photos of Disney's Abandoned Water Park

No, he wouldn't be anywhere near an airport or people so not sure why you would say TFR at all. It doesn't apply.

Were there any drone photos in the article?
Didn't seem like it.

Shhhhh....
It's a secret!

It was ameaba parasite and they are thru out the whole lake! Not disneys fault kid died! Its afreakin lake NOT a pool!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It was ameaba parasite and they are thru out the whole lake! Not disneys fault kid died! Its afreakin lake NOT a pool!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If you look at Air Ontario's post you will see it is Disney's fault because one of the pool was filled with water from the lake, had they made this a regular pool with chlorinated water, then these kids would not have died.

The health laws changed in Florida making lake-fed water attractions no longer an option.
The child who died there was in the early 1980's and the park was open for 20 more years after that.
It was the first Disney water park and was tiny in comparison to the more modern Disney water parks.
To spend funds to close off the lake water and refurbish the park would of been a bad financial move for them.

Here is a video on it from a guy I follow on YT. He was actually banned by Disney at one point (not from this video). For a long time he lived in his van traveling the country visiting abandoned places. Ever since his ban from Disney he has tempered off a bit on the illegal stuff. He now has a place in SoCal but still travels in his van to abandon places and road side attractions. He can be a little goofy, buy he has a great outlook on life. Oh yeah, he also used to be the bassist in a couple bands, The New Threat and one you may have heard of, Guttermouth. Check him out! :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure if you knew of the loop hole that allows hobbyist to legally fly over it still
Not interested in arguing with you, but when you state something back it up with source. Otherwise, it's taken as your opinion and to my knowledge there is no loop hole allowing hobbyst to fly in a TFR airspace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31