Disney wants an exemption from their own NFZ

I'm quite sure that the FAA would grant the Disney Corp. a COA for their own UAS aircraft, provided they fly when the park(s) are closed. They own the property. They need a better law firm!

lol. i thought they wanted to fly their drones while the park was open a part of their fireworks show.

also seems a bit odd that just because it's a no fly zone it means they can't fly their own stuff? aren't military bases no fly zones but they still have their own aircraft fly in and out.

but another part of me is laughing and hoping they get a taste of their own medicine here.

Hey RVD... I agree. My company that I formed with four other cinematographers just got our 333 this week. We also went to flight school and "did it the right way". We also have the coveted "Motion Picture and Television" exemption.

They should have no problem getting the FAA to issue a COA for them to fly, assuming the liability and posting warnings and signage that UAS are flying in the area. Including at night. I would think, as I've seen the Disney light show and fireworks that they would get some incredible shots for their advertising videos. And, yes, military bases can and do fly over their own NFZ. You just never hear about it. Classified.

I'm gonna start stretching my 333 muscles this week. We have some "very high profile" clients for whom we are shooting Music Videos... and now we can notify the NOTAM and ATC where we are that we are shooting on a closed set. And the Cash is flowing legit now... nice feeling!!!

As with any giant organisation money talks and common sense goes out the window

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20