Discuss other Airframes and Controllers...

Are there any DJI frames that are setup to carry a DSLR?
I recently purchased a Phantom v1 and have been enjoying and getting comfortable with the quadcopter platform,
my next step will be in doing my own scratch build for a Canon Mark II/Mark III setup, gimbal and all...

have been getting a little overwhelmed while doing research online,
4 blades, 6 blades, 8 blades,
so many motor options, so many different frames and setups

I have several Co2 Laser cutters at the home shop and will be playing around with cutting some frames out of MDF and acrylics,
(not for a DSLR fram but just for fun)

but if someone could link me to some scratch builds that support DSLRs It would be much appreciated =)

I'm currently building an F550 frame with a pixhawk autopilot. I will report back after I have flown it the first time. Probably this weekend!

Mark Miner

markminer said:
I'm currently building an F550 frame with a pixhawk autopilot. I will report back after I have flown it the first time. Probably this weekend!

Mark Miner

Awesome!! I've been anixous to hear some feedback on the pixhawk, esp on a 550 :)

i just ordered DJI f550 combo kit for 799.00,Futaba 8FG Super 2.4GHz 14-Channel Radio,and a PULSE 4S 6600 Battery from aerial media pros. Can't wait to get busy on the Assembly

Funnone said:
i just ordered DJI f550 combo kit for 799.00,Futaba 8FG Super 2.4GHz 14-Channel Radio,and a PULSE 4S 6600 Battery from aerial media pros. Can't wait to get busy on the Assembly

Congrats on your purchase. Check out YouTube, there are plenty of videos on the assembly and what's the best practices to ensure a good build. Since you are going with a 4S for your power make sure you install a BEC for later on when you add FPV or LED lights since most that I've seen including what I have on mine are rated for 2S-3S.

FangsCPO said:
Funnone said:

Congrats on your purchase. Check out YouTube, there are plenty of videos on the assembly and what's the best practices to ensure a good build. Since you are going with a 4S for your power make sure you install a BEC for later on when you add FPV or LED lights since most that I've seen including what I have on mine are rated for 2S-3S.
Yes i will have to get a BEC, i do plan on getting a FPV

Funnone said:
FangsCPO said:
Funnone said:

I'm using the NAZA-M v2 with GPS. I thought that i did not need one or that it already comes with one?

You won't need a BEC just to fly, only if you want to add certain aftermarket accessories (lights, etc) that require lower voltage. Not all will need that, but a few might, just be sure to check before buying goodies like that later.

Hi Guys
Hope you with experience can help I have a few other quads that I have built using different controllers I want to install a naza controller in one of them I am looking at the lite version I have a Phantom FC40 and love it reason I am looking at the naza controller so question, is the lite a good way to go I am looking at ebay there are listings for combo deals but I don't know if this is everything I need to install the controller or if there is an additional item that is needed.

Dennis

jamerd said:
Hi Guys
Hope you with experience can help I have a few other quads that I have built using different controllers I want to install a naza controller in one of them I am looking at the lite version I have a Phantom FC40 and love it reason I am looking at the naza controller so question, is the lite a good way to go I am looking at ebay there are listings for combo deals but I don't know if this is everything I need to install the controller or if there is an additional item that is needed.

Dennis

As with all things, it depends. The Lite doesn't have a hookup for the OSD so you would not get on-screen data if you are doing FPV - at least not the way everyone else is getting it. The Lite isn't quite as stable as the V2 (according to the dealers). Otherwise, you should be good. The kits usually have everything - except maybe a rod to get the GPS module up and away from the airframe.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20