Disconnects/App Shut Down (Am I thinking Correctly?)

Reaction score
The P3 P/A are drones with the ABILITY to use a Software app to Enhance flying.
Without the Software App Enhancement it is just a Drone right?

Most if not all of us have flown with the Models that have no app's or visual enhancements.
The Syma X5C for instance.

When I get a Disconnect on my Enhancement software, I still have control. Agreed?
When the app shuts down We still have control Ditto above right?
When the two Enhancements features above happen Video is still recorded and photos work right?
A Lost connection will still RTH?

So in the end run of things when we panic we are relying on the Enhancement not Control of the Craft.

In other words were are just flying an Expensive Syma X5C and spoiled with the Enhancement Using it as a crutch so to say.

Just trying to see if this is the correct analogy to remember.
Comments

No they are not toys and should not be flown as such. They have cameras with gimbals and are in a much different class. Every part of their software is to enhance picture and video capturing, and nothing else.

No they are not toys and should not be flown as such. They have cameras with gimbals and are in a much different class. Every part of their software is to enhance picture and video capturing, and nothing else.

I do not consider them toys, but when the disconnect or app shutdown happens were are still flying a drone. You last two lines point that out. Toy no I agree...basic controled drone without enhancement is what we have without the video/photo capabilities.

I do not consider them toys, but when the disconnect or app shutdown happens were are still flying a drone. You last two lines point that out. Toy no I agree...basic controled drone without enhancement is what we have without the video/photo capabilities.

The problem is not that they shut down....it's operator error. If you know a certain sequence of the controller levers will cause csc you should in turn know not to put them in that position.

Just like operating any other vehicle, bottom line is the operator is responsible.

Sorry for the spelling....I'm trying to get out the point with all these folks freaking out when the app or the disconnect to the software happens you need to remember your training. The p3 at that point is still fly able. That's why I spent 3 months practicing on a less quality device. The bare bones p3 will fly as you say the need for experience is a requirement in situations such as table/phone trouble's.

I think your following me...? Off to work I go...

Probably @envisionabove is saying that if you are out of app due to a software crash for any unlucky reason, the bird is still controllable. The answer is yes, you can manouvre it with sticks.
Now if it is out of sight, then things get a bit complicated anyway, that is to say "PANIC". You can still push "don't panic" RTH button ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj