P3 Firmware Disconnected to RC

Reaction score
Hello,
I looked through a few threads but not seeing my fix.

I have a brand new Phantom 3, have flown it about 3-4 times. It's been about 3 months now, so I charged everything up, went to fly her and I first received, you have new firmware updates for the camera and phantom.

Those installed successfully and then I kept getting the error that my remote was disconnected from my drone.

I've tried all the youtube things, one of which was pressing the reset button on the drone but not even sure when to do that and how long to hold it, OR if it is helpful.

I think the new version for the app was 1.8 (believe I had 1.6 before the update).

Any ideas on a fix for this? I've also read that maybe it was a glitch in the app.

Appreciate the help.

Eric

did you update dji go app before you updated everything

I just had same problem bird wasn't on latest app so it wouldn't connect went back redid everything app first then controller then bird now works great

Thanks for the quick reply.

No I didn't update the app. Actually, last time I had to get the app here because it doesn't show in the playstore. Can either of you provide the latest app?

That sure would make my day if it's something that simple. :)

Eric

new app is 2.7.2 just get rid yours and download dji app again also you can try and go into your controller and push on remote scroll down and hit link rc

Thanks....can someone please include the app or a link to it? As I mentioned, the app isn't in the playstore so last time someone helped me by sending a link to download it and "side load" as they referred.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
UPDATE: OK, I found the new version at the android app store. They didn't have it before. I installed it and it still doesn't fully connect. The controls don't do anything and can't power up the drone. I'm now getting a little frustrated with this thing.

Can you also (or someone) describe how to use the reset button? I've seen nothing real clear yet. Do you push and release, press and hold, how long? While RC is on? Off?

I've tried the frequency reset in the app and sometimes it says it is successful, others it times out so I have no idea when I've been successful or what to look for on the Drone.

It's either red or blinking green to orangish/red.

If there are other settings that are important during this, appreciate it, such as that toggle on front left. Never exactly sure what position to keep that in.

ADDED: If it's of any interest, my front lights blink a constant red, while the rear lights blink continuous amber.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
Hi Eric, im on the same boat. I updated App, Firmware and RC and i keep getting the same results as you do. I have gone through the same process and resources available and have not achieved anything yet !! I have decided to contact DJI support. I think they have a big issue they need to fix with a fix i assume. None of the remedies are working for me. To Reset and Link RC and your bird

1.- Go the RC icon
2.- At the end of list you will find an option "Link RC" Enter, yes
3.- Gives you 50 seconds to press the reset at the P3
4.- Do it for 3 seconds and that will prompt to link.
5.- You will get a success message

Once i do that, its still jot workin for me. Hope it works for you, advise!

Hello Raul,

Appreciate your insight and glad I'm not the only one but wish your endeavors well in fixing this too.

I'm a big fan of Phantom and have never had any problems so I am trying to remain positive but when the bread and butter of having a drone is actually flying it, it would seem this should be a front burner issue to resolve by DJI. In the reading I've done on the net, people haven't had the best of luck when contacting support. I sort of thought this forum was endorsed by DJI. Not sure.

Appreciate the info on the relink. I've done that no less than about 15-20 times now but glad to know I only need to press for 3 seconds. I found one tutorial on youtube and the guy made this seem like a simple fix - I had hoped it was but it didn't work. He basically hit that relink remote thing in the app, pressed the reset (though didn't say for how long) and there it was, fixed.

The only improvement I've seen in updating the application was that there was a solid connection to the aircraft and the camera view was visible. Past that, no ability to move camera, no ability to start motors, and it still says lost signal/connection.

I sure hope someone has a fix soon and appreciate the feedback so far.

For other readers, let me ask a simple question. Of those out there, are any of you currently using Android and is it working? Just curious if it is a support issue with a particular OS.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric, im on the same boat. I updated App, Firmware and RC and i keep getting the same results as you do. I have gone through the same process and resources available and have not achieved anything yet !! I have decided to contact DJI support. I think they have a big issue they need to fix with a fix i assume. None of the remedies are working for me. To Reset and Link RC and your bird

1.- Go the RC icon

Raul,

Ok, I've fixed my problem. Surprisingly the simplest things seem to be left out, not mentioned, or asked in a way that is easy to misunderstand.

If your problem is like mine, it was the firmware update on the drone. The irritating part is other than lots of experience in updates or poking around all over the place, there is nothing succinct when it comes to identifying the problem.

So, the app prompts you to update firmware but it leaves out an important note and that is "YOU MUST UPDATE FIRMWARE ON AIRCRAFT SEPARATELY AND MANUALLY".

There has been a lot of talk about having the right app version, firmware, etc but my guess is the experts simply know this and expect that everyone will.

Sorry for all of that to get to this. Update your firmware on the aircraft by downloading the latest firmware version, saving to the SD card (unzip and save to root), insert in aircraft, then fire her up. It will then self install. Follow these instructions:

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Once complete, I turned things on and worked like a champ.

One side note, that app freaking just drains your tablet. That needs a separately solution itself. You can't get but about 5-10 minutes on a fully charged tablet. Another problem, another day.

Eric

1.- Go the RC icon

that is what I said download dji app update rc then bird

yes running android maybe I should of said aircraft instead of bird simple as 123

Hey Brother,

Yes you absolutely did but at the same time, kind of proving my point. You are a seasoned expert so when someone like me or others who simply don't fly quite as often, it requires a bit more words. I don't fault you at all, I can imagine answering the same type questions makes it easy to keep it short.

From where I stand however, when the app prompted me to accept firmware updates, my assumption through simple lack of knowledge is that it was performing an update to the remote and some wireless update to the bird.

I know it now but I had I just understood, oh, must update that separately by downloading firmware, SD card, etc. I'm sure you understand.

I thank you immensely for pointing me in the direction.

Eric

that is what I said download dji app update rc then bird

Bird was fine. :)
I;m using android as well....I had read other posts where people are buying new tablets, using Apple and problem solved. lol I call that BS. It uses both.

Eric

yes running android maybe I should of said aircraft instead of bird simple as 123

Reactions: flpholt
as long as you got it up and going is all it matters happy flying

Hello Raul,

Appreciate your insight and glad I'm not the only one but wish your endeavors well in fixing this too.

I'm a big fan of Phantom and have never had any problems so I am trying to remain positive but when the bread and butter of having a drone is actually flying it, it would seem this should be a front burner issue to resolve by DJI. In the reading I've done on the net, people haven't had the best of luck when contacting support. I sort of thought this forum was endorsed by DJI. Not sure.

Appreciate the info on the relink. I've done that no less than about 15-20 times now but glad to know I only need to press for 3 seconds. I found one tutorial on youtube and the guy made this seem like a simple fix - I had hoped it was but it didn't work. He basically hit that relink remote thing in the app, pressed the reset (though didn't say for how long) and there it was, fixed.

The only improvement I've seen in updating the application was that there was a solid connection to the aircraft and the camera view was visible. Past that, no ability to move camera, no ability to start motors, and it still says lost signal/connection.

I sure hope someone has a fix soon and appreciate the feedback so far.

For other readers, let me ask a simple question. Of those out there, are any of you currently using Android and is it working? Just curious if it is a support issue with a particular OS.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric,
Thank you so much! I have in real life all day (work) and just decided to check out the threads and found the happy news.
I am oing to give a try
Raul,

Ok, I've fixed my problem. Surprisingly the simplest things seem to be left out, not mentioned, or asked in a way that is easy to misunderstand.

If your problem is like mine, it was the firmware update on the drone. The irritating part is other than lots of experience in updates or poking around all over the place, there is nothing succinct when it comes to identifying the problem.

So, the app prompts you to update firmware but it leaves out an important note and that is "YOU MUST UPDATE FIRMWARE ON AIRCRAFT SEPARATELY AND MANUALLY".

There has been a lot of talk about having the right app version, firmware, etc but my guess is the experts simply know this and expect that everyone will.

Sorry for all of that to get to this. Update your firmware on the aircraft by downloading the latest firmware version, saving to the SD card (unzip and save to root), insert in aircraft, then fire her up. It will then self install. Follow these instructions:

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Once complete, I turned things on and worked like a champ.

One side note, that app freaking just drains your tablet. That needs a separately solution itself. You can't get but about 5-10 minutes on a fully charged tablet. Another problem, another day.

Eric

Hi Eric
Thank you so much for sharing the information.
Im here with you. A simple dude without too much experience in deducting things as easy.
I guess the experts get to find solutions pretty fast and talk little hehe. Im glad you are back in track. I am going
to give it a try later tonight to try to get it done. Im sure that having an iphone will be the same right?
It seems that things are easier in Android Platform. Meanwhile, Fly man! Fly !!!!
Thanks again, Bests!

Bird was fine. :)
I;m using android as well....I had read other posts where people are buying new tablets, using Apple and problem solved. lol I call that BS. It uses both.

Eric
I think most of the problems people are having with Android are not having a phone or tablet powerful enough to run the Go app with the HD video. I'm using the Nvidia Shield tablet ($200) and it's like it was made for the Go app. Worked right out of the box and has kept on working since the first of the year. Absolutely no problems even when I forget to close other apps first.

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20