Disconnected status and no video but still able to fly??! (post firmware update)

Reaction score
Today I updated the firmware on my P3P to make sure it was up to date since I bought it from a previous owner. It went through the process and the txt file gave me a bunch of text compared to what I have seen in a YouTube video. Pretty much just saying it was updating and then aborting and then it was already up to date. I then put the USB adapter and the SD in my controller to update that as well and it did not even try to update like the Phantom did.

I just went out to fly and the DJI app first told me I needed MORE cellular data (already had LTE) and then was almost completely disconnected from the from the drone. No video, no info on GPS / satellite strength, and no battery info. I was however able to take off and control the drone since the two were still somewhat talking since the light on the RC was green. What gives?

P.S. I have aftermarket antennas that I installed today with and was successful at that, no other flights were done after I tried the firmware update.

EDIT: I installed 1.7 on both because thats what was on this website. Now I see on DJI's site there is a 1.8. Should I go ahead and try to install that on both devices to see if that helps?

EDIT 2: I tried updating the RC with the SD in an adapter plugged into the RC and nothing happens, no blue light, just red. Going to try updating it through plugging the RC in to the Phantom now.

EDIT 3: Updated to 1.8 and this is what my text file looked like

EDIT 4: FIXED, the ribbon cable going in to the USB board on the RC was not locked in place and slipped out FACEPALM

Last edited:
give it a try also load update dji go app new one

give it a try also load update dji go app new one
DJI GO app is up to date on 2.8.1
Do the RC and the Phantom have different firmware? Someone on a thread said something about having an A or B controller and needing a different update. Also something about doing it from the app or doing it from the SD. I dont know how to do it from the app, should I stick to doing it from the SD?

just due it from sd card

just due it from sd card
I think I downgraded from 1.8 to 1.7 today because 1.7 was the latest on this website....

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Do the RC and the Phantom have different firmware?
No. They do have different installation methods though. You can find detailed instructions here.

No. They do have different installation methods though. You can find detailed instructions here.
This is exactly how I upgraded my device. I'm going to call their support in exactly 3 hours when they open and give em hell until it's fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

FIXED, the ribbon cable going in to the USB board on the RC was not locked in place and slipped out FACEPALM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers