Discharging the batteries

Reaction score
I sorry if this has been covered somewhere already. I can not find info on it. My question is. What is the purpose of discharging the batteries? And how often should I discharge them? I've had the p3p for about a month now. And as soon as I'm done a flight I bring it home and charge the batteries to full right away.

There are several threads about batteries and what I have personally come up with is this:
1. Keep batteries 50% charged when not in use.
2. Only charge the night before flight.
3. Always have a fully charged battery every time you fly.
4. Do 10 cycles only flying to 50%.
5. Personally I never fly below 35%.
6. Mixed info about doing the discharge to 8% every 20 cycles. I have never done it and all 4 of my batteries are fine.

Others will chime in but I've had my birds for awhile and zero battery issues.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: bobmyers
The purpose of the deep discharge after 20 cycles of the battery is to recalibrate the Smart Battery Circuitry. Seach in the Forums Deep Discharge Battery and you will find several threads on this subject. Also review the DJI battery information that came with your Phantom. It is important that you understand the batteries with there limits and capabilities. There are also some good videos on You Tube regarding the P3 Batteries.

Reactions: jryser
Does anyone know first hand to what voltage the P3 batteries get automatically discharged after the "time to discharge" is reached? Is this 50% or 3.8V per cell?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj