Discharging battery method advice

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Yesterday i set out to discharge both of my batterys to below 8% and encountered a problem that ultimately resulted in a near crash. The manaul states that there are 2 methods of discharging....quick and slow. I opted for the quick option because i didnt have that much time on my hands. My battery got to around 20% before the alarms and red L.E.D's began flashing, no problem though, i was at a low hover and this is exactly what i wanted to happen. All was going to plan so far then all of a sudden when it hit 16% mark the bird automatically began to descend by itself regardless of what input i gave her. This wouldnt have been a problem if it was a calm day however there was a slight breeze, not alot but just enough headwind to push the quad back as it came down. I had no control, no input on the right stick and it resulted in the quad skimming the ground before snagging and tipping. Luckily i stopped the motors right away and no damage was done. As for the second battery i decided to take the slow option to avoid the same problem and have her landed by the 25% mark. So i did, however, was amazed at just how slow this process is. Is there any advice or methods that maybe more experienced users use? Any help would be much appreicated. Thanks alot :)

You could hold it to the ground with something heavy through the legs like a metal bar, then apply moderate revs to run it down faster than idling.
You should be able to maintain altitude and even climb slowly with near full throttle even when it is trying to descend.
Gusty wind will make it more hazardous for sure.

Letting it sit at idle is not without risk as it is taking weight off the legs and could easily tip if it's windy.
Some report revs can gradually increase with no input after a minute or two, which can again cause it to tip over.

Thank you very much for the advice! The idea of weighing it down slightly and applying moderate revs sounds like the perfect solution. I have no idea why i didnt think of such before. I shall give this method a test tomorrow :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik