Disabling motor rev on start up?

Reaction score
I want to disable the motor rev up on start up, reason being that I almost broke a couple of props when I was taking off. It was a little windy and I was taking off from the top of my go professional case and the motor rev tilted the aircraft back and props almost touched the ground. I gave the aircraft full throttle and managed to avoid smashing the props into the asphalt.
I do not think that the motor rev up is useful and could cause unnecessary damage.

This cannot be disabled.

Everything happens for a reason. Some say it might be related to a potentially tightening the props. I dont give much value to that thought. Its part of the startup process... likely testing the speed controls before takeoff. If that test isnt completed and a speed control is weak you loose a $1500 purchase to an inevitable crash. breaking a $3 prop is GOING to happen! Order more now! If you hand launch you dont have to worry about it falling over

I also have an experience to turn when rev up on strong wind day. Immediate CSC stop saved props. After that, I hold P3 foot, keep her horizontal, start engine and hand release on strong wind day. :) In this case, turning on the power must be on the ground (level surface).
I don't recommend hand release, it's rather danger. ;-)

New flyer here. What if during those conditions, you use the app take off? Doesn't it pop right up 4ft?

New flyer here. What if during those conditions, you use the app take off? Doesn't it pop right up 4ft?

I use Auto Takeoff most times as I like to see how stable the bird is out of the gate. However, in any wind I'd recommend full throttle take off to avoid tip over.

If it's windy the auto take-off doesn't go high enough for my liking especially if there's long vegetation anywhere nearby. I prefer to manually pop up above head height to do a quick check all seems well.

+1 It pops up like a cork out of water.

Do not use auto take off on a windy day. I thought I would try it thinking it would compensate for the wind and it just tipped over and scratched up my 2 day old bird. I came from a Phantom 2 so I thought auto take off was a cool feature, but now I take off manually and hit the throttle HARD to assure no tip over. I also experienced a slight tip over when it was windy when the motors reved up. So I guess holding the feet with your foot or something when starting the motors is necessary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31