Disable Wifi Initiated Return to Home?

Reaction score
My first few days with the Phantom 2 Vision and I keep flying out of range and initiate the Return to Home feature. I am disappointed because this is happening at about 1,000 feet. I just upgraded from the Phantom and was able to fly the Phantom at least twice as far to ranges of what seemed to be 2,500 feet. It appears the Return to Home feature is being initiated by lost Wifi and not lost remote control signal. Is there a way to disable the Return to Home feature from being Wifi initiated and only have it trigger when the RC signal is lost?

First off, shortly after losing wifi signal, the Return to Home was initiated, about 1,000 feet. Secondly, this only happens on the Vision 2. I am able to fly at least twice the distance with the Phantom (approximately 2,500 feet) with no Return to Home.

Phantom Vision uses different control tx/rx (5.8ghz) than Phantom 1 and 2 (2.4ghz). It's has a shorter range (around 30% of phantom 1/2) and it requires line of sight to work. Any obstructions (even leaves) will significantly decrease the range or even block it. THAT will cause an RTH.

The wifi connection is provided by the Phantom Vision's camera, and it cannot trigger a RTH.

Please use the above assumptions to re-diagnose your case..

Case re-diagnosed. It looks like in CE mode the range is about 300 M and FCC mode it is 500 M. I was losing RC signal at about the same distance as I lost wifi which made me think it was what was triggering RTH. Thanks for the input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1