Directional and Attitude Indicator

Reaction score
Does the info from that come from compass and IMU. That is to say if the P4P were to lose GPS will you still get info to help properly orient the craft?

Thanks. Of course the arrow will stop moving once GPS is gone. At least if you can point it. However drift could be an issue in making it back.

I never checked things that close. I only lost or really didn't ever have it at start up. I was in a canyon and the drone wouldn't let me go only so high. I had to switch it out of GPS mode to go any higher. Once I got high enough to my thinking, I switched it back to GPS and it took. I made sure it was straight above me when I switched it back to make sure if it had to RTH, I could see it again to bring it down. The tree canopy was also very dense.

Reactions: snowghost
Does the info from that come from compass and IMU. That is to say if the P4P were to lose GPS will you still get info to help properly orient the craft?
If GPS is lost (bet that would be only in the event of a rare malfunction), the app would have no position information for the drone.
But it would still have the IMU sensors which provide the pitch and roll data.

Reactions: snowghost
I've lost GPS. Telemetry is still there. You have to fly it, because it will not stay stable.
Attitude comes from the barometer.
How can you have the telemetry if the drone has lost its position? The altitude yes but the direction and distance probably not.
I suppose that the heading of the icon is there as it depends on IMU, but this is worthless if you don't know where it is.
Of course, I'm talking about the situation where the drone is not in sight.

I lost GPS because it was being blocked by the canyon walls. I am not sure if everything worked on my screen. I remember elevation was on my screen. I never lost signal to the drone. Once I got high enough I was able to get GPS . The drone was 100 ft. maximum from me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.