Direction of flight question

Reaction score
Can someone help me with a question. I'm new to this... and this might be a dumb question. Here goes.... When I fly my P3s and it is flying in the direction I want to go....Why does the little green arrow always point 90 degrees to the left or right of my track. In real airplanes it would be called a sideslip. I hope it's not normal cause I would like it to point in the direction I'm actually flying.
Thanks for your help. Really enjoy this forum.

In my DJI Go the "little green arrow", in the radar display, shows the orientation of my Phantom compared to North. Not orientation to how I'm facing. Orientation to compass heading. I don't think this can be changed. The map display is also usually displayed north on top. However, the map can be unlocked and spun around as you wish.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with a question. I'm new to this... and this might be a dumb question. Here goes.... When I fly my P3s and it is flying in the direction I want to go....Why does the little green arrow always point 90 degrees to the left or right of my track. In real airplanes it would be called a sideslip. I hope it's not normal cause I would like it to point in the direction I'm actually flying.
Thanks for your help. Really enjoy this forum.

Your phone or tablet needs the compass calibrated. If it doesn't have a compass you can get a compass app from google play store or App Store for iOS. Had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic