Dinogy vs Maddog - whats the difference?

Reaction score
So a few months back, I bought 2 maddog 2700 batteries.
I needed more bang for the buck, especially with a gimbal. I saw (and still see) nothing but good reviews.

My only issue is that they are a tight fit.

I just got 2 Dinogy 2800 batteries. They seem very slightly smaller and you can tell too since they go into the battery compartment easier.

So my question is, will there really be much of a difference between the two with just 100mah?
Is there any other difference between the make of these 2 batteries?

Right now I would keep buying dinogy simply based on the smaller size and greater mah.
(hell, the answer could be as simple as that lol)

I just finished the first round of testing those two batts and a few others, and I'll give you a teaser on the results I'm posting later: The dinogy beats the maddog by about 7%, and all other competitors tested by margins close to that.

The first round of testing was done with the batts one at a time, next round will be the top 3 options in dual config.

ElGuano said:
Sounds like we have a winner :)

Perhaps :D

I'm expecting that the lighter (lightest in the test) Pulse 2700's might place higher in the results ranking in a dual config, they were very competitive in the 1st round.

Good point. 400g dual maddogs do better than 300g walkeras, which is a tremendous weight delta.

I do not know anything about the Maddog packs, but I do know about the Dinogy packs. Bottom line, they are some of the best packs I've ever used. I use them in my helis (6S 5,000) and in my 10S (2x5S) pattern plane. They keep their punch right up to the end and I have yet to puff one. I'm a pretty enthusiastic user!!

How did the dinogy batteies work out for you after having them a while?

I need to order some more batteries and there are so many options. These seem to be a good value.

tmartin62 said:
How did the dinogy batteies work out for you after having them a while?

I need to order some more batteries and there are so many options. These seem to be a good value.

Quite well. I'm very pleased with their size. I think I got about an extra minute of flight time, but they fit into my phantom better than the maddogs.

Now I just got my 3-axis gimbal, so I will need to re-test my flight times

Got 2 Dinogy 2800s. Tight fight in a 1.0 battery compartment on the top and bottom of battery compartment. I got 13:45 on both batteries with just a Go Pro for payload and stock 1.0 props and just flying in circles and hovering, no aggressive moves or hard flying.

The Dinogy's now have a new competitor, maddog just released a 2800mAh 3S that's slimmer than their previous 2700's...they look to be the same dimensions as the Pulse 2700's which came in a close second to the Dinogy's in my testing.

I've ordered one of the new maddogs to put it through my evaluation process, I'll post as soon as it arrives and I have some results. For now though the Dinogy's still hold the single-batt crown in the P1 (out of the 5 options I tested).

OI Photography said:
The Dinogy's now have a new competitor, maddog just released a 2800mAh 3S that's slimmer than their previous 2700's...they look to be the same dimensions as the Pulse 2700's which came in a close second to the Dinogy's in my testing.

Ahh....just as my 3 brand new Dinogy's arrived on Friday to compliment my 4 Maddog 2700's. And they're slimmer?
Just another reason why I've quickly grown to love this 'hobby' So much. The expenses just keep stacking up.
Will keep saving for the octo. [emoji4]

I got 2 mad dog 2800's this weekend and have flown them twice. So far, i am not seeing improved times over my stock 2200 DJI batteries. I'm wondering if I got some bad ones.

I'm going to take them out today and try again.

My FC40 is stock and using the FC40 camera. Are any of you using the MD 2800's yet? What flight times are you seeing with stock props?

tmartin62 said:
I got 2 mad dog 2800's this weekend and have flown them twice. So far, i am not seeing improved times over my stock 2200 DJI batteries. I'm wondering if I got some bad ones.

I'm going to take them out today and try again.

My FC40 is stock and using the FC40 camera. Are any of you using the MD 2800's yet? What flight times are you seeing with stock props?

My MD 2800 arrives tomorrow and I'll have some comparison numbers asap.

Are you flying them one at a time or in pairs? Stock 8" props?

Just had one Dinogy 2800 mah battery swell up like a cell burst open. Reeading .6 vdc and it wont take a charge. Just had it 2 weeks and got 3 flights out of it. Flew the battery and pulled it at 13 mins, didnt notice the swelling until I went to charge it. Gonna see if they will replace it. Not real happy now, my order was shipped wrong and I had to return another model battery they sent and they had to reship me the right ones.

Strike 1. Wrong battery shipped. Strike 2, Battery blowing up. Strike 3 if they wont take the battery back.
If they wont take it back I'll cut it open to see what happened.

FredMurtz said:

You know what happens when the seal on a lipo cell is compromised, yes? Not something you want to just "cut open"...

@tmartin: adding bigger batteries than stock will help with your flight times, but the stock 8" blades are holding you back too...try DJI's P2 props and you can milk even more flight time out of your setup with whatever battery you're using.

OI Photography said:
FredMurtz said:

You know what happens when the seal on a lipo cell is compromised, yes? Not something you want to just "cut open"...
Just in case OI's correct response wasn't clear enough, DO NOT cut open a lipo foil pouch. If puffed it's under pressure. In any case it has caustic chemicals that can react with the air and can catch fire. YouTube has a lot of videos of lipo abuse you can peruse before you decide to what you want to do with a trashed battery.

OI Photography said:
FredMurtz said:

@tmartin: adding bigger batteries than stock will help with your flight times, but the stock 8" blades are holding you back too...try DJI's P2 props and you can milk even more flight time out of your setup with whatever battery you're using.

I like high adventure. :mrgreen: What a brainfart on that idea, I know when we compromised lithium cells in the military with water it was epic. I read somewhere that these lipos blow up occassionally? The one guy on YouTube recommended carrying them in ammo cans?? Are they that crappy? I guess no one offers any returns then? WTH?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1