Dilemma

Reaction score
Just got my P4 Controller and P4 back from repair. Appears all software and firmware was updated to the latest levels. Furthermore, DJI Go 4 has also the latest update.

Just took the P4 out for a test flight, fearing the worst and guess what, it behaved exceptionally well.
It now appears that I now have a fully working configuration!

My question, how do I stop any software and firmware updates, or , should I trust DJI with any future updates?

Just got my P4 Controller and P4 back from repair. Appears all software and firmware was updated to the latest levels. Furthermore, DJI Go 4 has also the latest update.

Just took the P4 out for a test flight, fearing the worst and guess what, it behaved exceptionally well.
It now appears that I now have a fully working configuration!

My question, how do I stop any software and firmware updates, or , should I trust DJI with any future updates?
Well I keep mine updated, partly because I know there must be bugs in the firmware-software, that is the way it is.
I am not a long time DJI owner, so I can't say more than my P4P has worked since day one. I updated it before I flew it, flew great.
But, some have issues, not sure if that might be because they had not kept up on updates, that happened with Windows a bit, delaying updates caused problems with the next updates, bad cycle.
So, your call, do what you think is best.

how do I stop any software and firmware updates
Firmware updates are optional. If you don't want to install them, ignore the prompts to update the firmware in DJI GO. For DJI GO, make sure your mobile device is not setup to auto install updates from the app store on any Apple devices you're using.

I avoided that problem a year ago. I deleted DJO GO and bought Litchi and love it. No more prompts to update, etc. and it flies perfectly! Love Litchi!!!!!
Jim
WA5TEF.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
There a few settings that DJI go must be used for. You can use NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play
to block communication to DJI while those settings are accessed. I fully agree Litchi is the "No update demands" and awesome function flight app.

Thanks guys for your feedback. Will have a look at Litchi. Cheers, Tom.
Oh and before I forget, my 32CH hack is not working anymore. Tried various de-install and installs of DJI Go and the file that worked previously, does not work anymore.....
Am using 2 Android devices, Samsung Note 4 and Nexus 7 2013.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers