Difficult Flying and Video Situation

Reaction score
This is a flight over a marsh that was recently burned to improve habitat. I was flying in harsh lighting and relatively strong winds, gusting past 15 mph. The Phantom was struggling to keep itself stable, but it is amazing the thing could operate as well as it did. I must admit I was most disappointed with the quality of the video. Still I was able to document the scene at least. Probably the best thing I could have done was to angle the camera down and fly higher, but with the winds the way were and getting worse I didn't want to go up further.

http://youtu.be/k7qDMeGf0pA

Stuff:
DJI Phantom 2
GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition
Zenmuse H3-D2 Gimbal
Fish-eye effect corrected in GoPro Studio
Final edit in Sony Movie Studio 13

looks good. You would be amazed at the differnce adding a soundtrack to your footage can do. Also what frame rate did you use. I find for landscapes a slower frame rate is my preference. That or shoot at 120 FPS and go for a slow motion look. Also my opinion is that I personally would not correct the fish eye, this I feel would give a better feel for a wide open space.
Good work though and these are just my opinions not criticism

Thanks for the feedback. I usually add music, but this one I decided not to, I just turned down the wind noise. Still figuring out the machines capabilities as well as my own. Frame rate was 30.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers